Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 199 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://mts-icom.wix.com/hamradiorepair

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

N5KDA Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2017 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Great work Great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Scott repaired my IC-756 Pro II. The PA board had fried. With some traces burned I thought it would need a new board. Scott cleaned it up and did some other minor work. The rig is working great now for two weeks. Scott came highly recommended and after using his service I can recommend him highly.

GW4WND Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 07:18 Send this review to a friend
True Amateur Spirit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I approached Scott as I had recently acquired an IC701 in non-working order. As I am in the UK sending a unit to Scott to be looked at was never going to be economical.
Rather then just snub me Scott responded to my emails quickly and extensively and guided me through to get the rig working again. His knowledge is as great as his patience!
A wealth of knowledge and experience is available clearly and offered in the true spirit of Amateur Radio. I would not hesitate to recommend his services.

W5JLH Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2016 11:03 Send this review to a friend
ICOM IC-756 Pro II Problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an ICOM 756 Pro II that would not work on RIT, when RIT button pressed, the screen (display would go dark and radio froze. I would power down and back up then the radio would work normally, but dont hit that RIT button. Also memory stopped storing channels. Scott said check my ribbon cables on the front panel. I carefully opened up the radio and re-plugged all of the ribbon cables and VOILA! the radio came back on, and all function worked perfectly - Scott knows this product and was fast in returning my emails. I will send him all my Business from now on (A call to ICOM and they told me to buy a IC-7300 lol!)
Thanks Scott You Da Man! Jerry H W5JLH

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2016 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the last few years MTS (Scott) has returned my IC740 from near death back to perfection, given me very helpful info on my IC765 issues, and brought the UHF on my IC7000 back to life. At times there is a bit of a long turn around time, but that is a direct result of his services being in high demand.

Honest, highly experienced and knowledgeable, fair pricing, great communication, can't give a higher recommendation than AAA+++!

KB6QVI Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2016 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Highly reccomend Scott  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Scott just brought a IC-251A 2 meter all mode rig that was given to me back from the dead that I didn't think would ever work again, it's perfectly aligned now and I'm back on 2 Meter SSB. Turnaround time was about 3 weeks from the time I shipped it to the time I was using the radio again. The guy is nothing short of amazing, I would highly reccomend him to repair any Ham gear.

WA4CWC Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Scott the Icom Man!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, Scott Malcolm does it again...I purchased an Icom IC-746 with low receive, sent out to MTS and 2 weeks I had a like new radio, this was the second time I've used MTS. The first time was an Icom IC-551D with low transmit power, He repaired that problem also. The price of each of these repairs was very acceptable. I highly recommend Scott Malcolm at MTS, and I believe you will also. Keep up the good work Scott

W5NG Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2016 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Awesome service and expertise  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several older Icom radios, and some newer ones as well. Scott has serviced or repaired many of my radios over the years. They are always right when I get them back with zero issues. He has an incredible knowledge of Icom radios. I would never send one anywhere else. Thank you Scott!
73 George W5NG

KC2KKP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 12:10 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: months
Three separate repair experiences and all 10/10. The finest repair tech. What more can I say? You'd have to be crazy to go elsewhere. I have local repair people within a 20 minute drive from my home and I still choose to ship my rigs cross country to Scott.

N7EKY Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2015 07:52 Send this review to a friend
V ery Honest & Reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
He is very busy, probably because he is so honest and a great tech. Found the problem and didn't charge me.

W5JMW Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2015 14:59 Send this review to a friend
repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't recommend MTS enough for Icom repair and advice.He runs about 3-4 weeks turn-a-round because He is the best there is.I use him and trust him on all Icom repairs and upgrades.He replaces most Icom parts with tougher,better devices.Words like fantastic,etc are not enough.