Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 174 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/mts/

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

AG6JY Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2013 08:44 Send this review to a friend
A+ service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very good service, In a timely manner. Had all trimmer caps, memory battery, back lighting replaced on my Icom-735, all at a very reasonable price. I give A+ Rating.
Mike
AG6JY

K9ZF Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2013 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Repeat customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used MTS twice now. The first time was an Icom 271a with bad caps. And more recently, an Icom 746 with no power out on transmit. Both times the rigs were returned in a reasonable amount of time, and worked well again. And, his rates are affordable. What else can you ask for?

More importantly, if I have more problems, I will use MTS again.

Thanks Scott!

Dan, K9ZF

K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
former K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:

List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books
Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!

N6DCN Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2013 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott really knows Icoms. He is backed up some but that's what you would expect from a Tech of this caliber. When he started work on my radio the communication both email and telephone were outstanding. Before proceeding he offered alternatives which would save me money. Prices seem vary reasonable. I would recommend Scott to anyone in need of repair of service http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/mts/

KB3JQJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2013 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up a surplus Icom IC-718 off eBay that was supposed to be working. It was DOA & looked a bit rough inside & out. I anxiously sent it out to MTS, the calmed my fears & told it would be 6-7 weeks. By the start of the 7th week, I got my radio back working wonderful at a great price. Very personable to deal with & very professional. Highly, highly recommend.

WB6FQZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2013 14:38 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Scott an Icom 706 that had developed a problem with low RF output on HF. After a short time he emailed me an estimate for the cost of repairs and within a reasonable length of time I had the rig back. I recommend MTS for all your Icom repair needs.

KZ6Q Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Icom 765  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would like to recommend Scott Malcolm for repair of Icom products. I had Scott repair my Icom 765 and the work was excellent. The service was fast and the price was reasonable. I would not hesitate to use MTS again. Thank's Scott for a job well done.

73's Ed Pierce Kz6q

KF7MUH Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Icom Repair Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just got my Icom IC551D back from Scott. The rig looks like & functions like new. Scott is a true professional. I have no hesitation at all in reccomending him to anyone needing Icom repair.

N4QCV Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2013 21:05 Send this review to a friend
AN ICOM TECH WIZARD AAA++  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SCOTT MALCOM IS A WONDERFUL TECHNICIAN WITH ICOM RADIOS.....I HAVE AN ICOM IC 751 NOT A 751 A I HAD BOUGHT FRON QRZ.COM I HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH THE DISPLAY YOU CAN SEE WAHT IT WAS DOING BY GOING TO
U TUBE.COM AND LOOK UP....ICOM IC 751 DIMMING DISPLAY AND YOU WILL SEE......SO ANYWAY THAT VERY SAME DAY THAT NIGHT AFTER SUPPER SOMETHING BURNED UP IN THE DC TO DC CONVERTER FOR THE DISPLAY I SMELLED BURNING INSULATION.....RECIEVE WAS DEAD AND THE METER WAS AT HALF SO I WROTE TO SCOTT AND SENT IT TO HIM HE FIXED IT AND TESTED IT ON HIS BENCH AND IT BURNED UP ON HIM AFTER A FEW HOURS SO HE SENT ME A E MAIL AND SAID IT LOOKED LIKE THE DISPLAY BOARD WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM HE GOT A NEW OLD DISPLAY BOARD FROM HIS 'BOARD GUY' AND INSTALLED IT AND TESTED IT FOR FOUR DAYS IT NEVER DIMMED AGAIN AND WAS ROCK SOLID .....SCOTT WENT TO A LOT OF TROUBLE TO TRACK DOWN THE PROBLEM!!!!!! HE WORKED ON IT FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR SO.....HE IS VERY VERY KNOWLAGABLE ABOUT ICOM RADIOS AND WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS BY E MAIL PROMTLY!!!!!!!!IF OTHERS SAY YOUR ICOM CANT BE FIXED GIVE SCOTT A E MAIL AND ILL BET HE CAN WORK SOME MAGIC ON THAT ICOM....HE SURE DID ON MY IC 751 IT WORKS LIKE A NEW RADIO.....HE GETS AAA++
FROM ME I WILL SEND ALL MY ICOM PROBLEMS TO SCOTT ..... FOR ANY FUTURE ICOM RADIOS.!!!!!!!!!!!

......AND HIS PRICES FOR REPAIR ARE REALLY VERY REASONABLE!!!!!!!!!!1

DENNIS
N4QCV
ARRL VEC

KG7OF Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I knew Scott when I worked for Icom in the early 90's though I doubt he would remember me. I have sent many radios for him to repair. Scott is quick, fair and honest. He is an Icom expert.

N4SAX Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Expert Radio Repairman!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently I sent my trusty IC-703 to Scott after the RF power output became erratic and then went QRT. Scott aptly identified and corrected the problem in the PA circuit and the cost of his service to bring life back to my Icom rig was about half of what I expected it would be! I whole-heartedly endorse MTS services. Thanks Scott for your super work on my IC-703!