Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | XMLog Help

Reviews Summary for XMLog
XMLog Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: XMLog is an amateur radio logbook system for Windows
More info: http://www.xmlog.com/

You can write your own review of the XMLog.

K2TV Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2010 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice general logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used XMlog for several years now and it has performed flawlessly. It is not a contest logger, but for general contacts it is great. You can't beat the price (FREE) and it seems to run on almost any computer.

KI6ADA Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2007 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Works great for DX!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working HF now for about 1 month. I have found Xmlog real user friendly for DX and casual QSO.
I like the fact you enter address and notes on same page.
I would not recommend for contesting. The required boxes would slow you down between QSO.

For free software, I am very satisfied.

ZL4JB Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2006 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Simple and very effective  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
XMLog is a very simple to use program. It does exactly what I need it to do, it is intuitive and does not take long (at all) to get up and running. I have been using it since last October and have had zero problems with it. Can not recommend it enough. I use N1MM contest logging in conjunction with it and have had no problems importing the contest logging info into XMLog. I find the program uses the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle and thus makes my life simple too. Good program - one you can't go wrong with.
JIM ZL4JB

G3OZN Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2005 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Something for NOTHING first class prog.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Linked to the programme via RSGB site.
Does everything I want (and more)
Now spending hours on end entering up 44yrs. contacts.
Yes I do backups!

W5DHG Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2005 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Best for the $$$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
XMLog is the best logging program out there for the money. I have just got into HF and it was real simple to log calls using this program.

W4MSL Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2004 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Alinco? YES! Finally!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At last: logging software that works with my Alinco DX-77. I almost missed it in my very frustrating search for something which would work with my rig. There's not much out there for Alinco, so most of my searches were dead-ends. But, XMLog not only works, it works well. A quality piece of software. Highly recommended.

WB4M Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2004 23:20 Send this review to a friend
Good Program!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have always been somewhat of a logging software fanatic, meaning that I love trying all the various programs available. Several of the other programs I have used have been abandoned by their authors, leaving users in a bind. Some of these programs do more than others, but it all comes down to what each individual requires in a logging program. I personally do not need an extremely complicated logging program, and XMLog fills my needs. It is very easy to use, and I used it mainly at first to edit my log files which had become corrupt by another program. After correcting my logs, I now use XMLog for my general logging needs. Like I mentioned, it is EASY to use and does all I need. Best of all, it is FREE, not 50 or 100 dollars for a lot of rarely used, complicated and confusing features. Give XMLog a try.

PA3BWK Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2003 18:53 Send this review to a friend
don't believe what I say!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dear reader,

Don't believe a word of what I wrote....
Just experience it yourself!!!!
I use XM-LOG for at least 4 years, It's the best.
Over the years I have evaluated at least a dozen other programs, they all look good but they all do the same, logging!!
XM-LOG brings you uncompromised logging, it handles very easy, you can create your own labels with a little work, it handles ADIF etc. etc.

My advice to you, download it and play with it for a couple of days. It maybe not looks as 'flashy' as other programs, don't let that fool you.

Michael has never turned me down and responds very quickly on e-mails. Let's not forget, it is freeware, he is not getting paid by the users.

My only regret is...Michael!!! where's that box where I can log the name of the satellite?????

Good luck,

Wilko Hollemans, PA3BWK

J28NH Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2003 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Le meilleur ( the best )  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using XMLog for about two years in Djibouti with about 13000 qso in Djibouti Ville and about 4000 with other calls (J28CDX and other iota dxpeditions ) Like many people i have tried several other logging programs and have found none that are better. And the 6 meters is added now.. great and merci Mike.
F5NHJ/J28NH

W4KVS Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2002 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Best I Have Found  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using XMLog for about two years. During that time I have tried several other logging programs and have found none that are better. It is simple to use and Mike offers great support. This is a super program! You can not do any better. W4KVS