Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | XMLog Help

Reviews Summary for XMLog
XMLog Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: XMLog is an amateur radio logbook system for Windows
More info: http://www.xmlog.com/

You can write your own review of the XMLog.

KI4RO Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2002 22:23 Send this review to a friend
The Best Bang for the $$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently have some 9000 Qs logged and I have absolutely no fear of losing them. This program works extremely well. Michael is constantly evaluating, updating and upgrading his product. He provides wonderful and expeditious technical support whenever you need it. I've looked at others but always come back to XMLog.

N7OR Rating: 4/5 Nov 28, 2001 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Does all I need.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
With the addition of 6 meter and grid tracking support, (currently in beta) this now does all I need it to. Something about the "look and feel" takes a little getting used to, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. It's probably that it is very business-like and gets the job done without a lot of fancy buttons. Very good general logger which I now import my contest logs to for a "master" log. Best one I have found, free or otherwise. Author is very responsive to requests for help and/or features. I am going to install it here at work, also, and monitor packet via telnet. Good idea. 4 out of 5, but if I could, I would rate it about 4.75. Try it out, you can't go wrong.

KC5JKJ Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2001 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a very good program for free. The other reviews state the features. The only thing that will make me move away from it is the lack of Cabrillo format for turning in logs after contests. But for casual use it is very good.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2000 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and free!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is nicely-written software in Visual Basic. The author did a really nice job on his software, and it's free (shareware). Besides the logging functions, he's included a dx packet cluster window that runs both on traditional vhf clusters and on the Internet, which I keep running all day long while at work. This is fun stuff! He even includes DX Alerts using either CW or Voice using your PC soundcard!! I can now drive my cubical neighbors crazy all day long! There's some talk among them to "break" my soundcard.......HI!

Nice software.....I would encourage all of us taking advantage of his software to send in a few bucks! Quality should be rewarded!

73....

KD7IOZ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2000 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a new ham and wanted a logging program to run on an old 486 that will do what I want. I downloaded many many logging programs and wasn't satisfied with any of them so I kept looking and found XMLOG. I love it. It is so easy to load and enter data. It has tons of features. I just recommended it to a fellow ham and he loves it to. I recommend this to everyone. It is great.

CHARLESSTAMPFEXN2CJ Rating: 4/5 Oct 3, 1999 22:13 Send this review to a friend
The Best Logging Program Value of all.......  Time owned: unknown months
I've been using XMlog for about 2 years now and havn't found another logging program that offers so much for so little. This beauty is a WINDOWS only program ( no DOS )and just the ticket for the HAM who doesnt need a contest logger. It offers most all the functions of other logging software; rig control, various report functions, internet/packet DX cluster, QSL mailing labels, QSL report labels, WAZ, WAS, DXCC tracking, import/export other logger's formats, etc. On the down side; in as much as it is a WINDOWS only program, I wish I was able to resize it's windows when multitasking.
What a gem and best of all, IT'S FREE!!!!!!
Find it at www.xmlog.com. What have you got to lose?