Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | Linemaster Foot Switches - Clipper Model Help

Reviews Summary for Linemaster Foot Switches - Clipper Model
Linemaster Foot Switches - Clipper Model Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $37.76
Description: Device that provide PTT (Push to talk) functions when depressed with your foot. Used to keep your hands free when using a boom-mounted or headset mounted microphone. The Linemaster Clipper unit lasts virtually forever. Very well made.
More info: http://www.linemaster.com/clipper.html

You can write your own review of the Linemaster Foot Switches - Clipper Model.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 15:49 Send this review to a friend
this is what you want  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Linemaster foot switches are pro-quality and the Clipper series is very likely indestructible in amateur radio shack or contesting use.

Like another poster wrote, these are the foot switches that are used by radio dispatchers 24-by-7, so you can expect to get a lifetime of contesting use from one of these.

Look for them on that online auction site, I've bought some new in box for $20.

AE7KB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2011 14:39 Send this review to a friend
632s-Built Like a Tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the first one of these that I've actually owned but I'm no stranger to them as PTT switches. In years past, I've dispatched tow trucks and taxi cabs with them. They are ideal for use by people that sit at a radio console eight hours a day for a living. Rated for 15amps at 125v, closing a PTT circut is hardly taxing. New ones are available at a well known on-line auction site for about $35 to $40 with shipping. When I needed a foot switch for contesting, I never considered anything else. Why the ham radio suppliers don't carry them is a mystery to me.

K6CF Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2011 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Lasts forever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using a Linemaster Clipper for over 20 years. I bought it used so I really have no idea how old it really is. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have pushed down on this switch. I would be a rich! It has worked perfectly as a PTT foot switch for all this time without once failing. Over the years, I have upgraded every piece of gear in my shack except my Linemaster Clipper. I take it for granted, but I really do appreciate the quality of this great product.

W5SXD Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 16:31 Send this review to a friend
super switch!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I broke both my main and spare footswitches, both Heils, during the VHF contest last weekend. Repaired one of them during a big six meter run. After a bit of research on the contesting sites I ordered two new ones.

'Tis a Linemaster Clipper model 632-s, about $39 from Allied Electronics. It weighs in at several pounds and is built like the proverbial brick building. Has a non-slide pad and is designed for medical and industrial equipment.

It came without any cord so I got a long heavy duty guitar amp cord, cut it in half to make two.

VE4EAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2010 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of the clipper footswitches, the wide model. These work great, solidly built, reliable, and they stay on the floor where you want them. The wide version makes it difficult to miss the footswitch under the pressures of high rate contesting.

These are professional grade switches. Motorola supplies these switches with their radio consoles systems and you will find them in public safety dispatch centers all over the world.

I have used the Heil FS-2 and while it worked OK, the narrow design and lightweight made it prone to sliding.

If you want a professional quality footswitch, do not hesitate to look at the Linemaster Clipper product line.

BOTEMAN Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2007 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Built like a brick s-house!  Time owned: more than 12 months
In a world becoming more flimsy and plastic every day, this is a standout product. I inherited a used Motorola communications console complete with a dual version of this footswitch in about 1984 (two Clippers mounted on a plate). The footswitch was well used when I got it and that very same footswitch is still going strong some 20+ years later. I have even given it a few unnecessarily heavy stomps over the years and it doesn't even flinch.

I hooked up a couple new ones recently for a customer and they are built just as ruggedly as my old one. Can't go wrong with these Linemaster footswitches. Top of the line!

W0VX Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2005 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Solid Foot Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a heavy duty foot switch that is built to last. No need to chase it around the floor because it stays right where you put it.

N5NJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2001 07:46 Send this review to a friend