Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Ten Tec KR-5 Single Paddle electronic keyer Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec KR-5 Single Paddle electronic keyer
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A traditional sinle paddle with spring tensioning, 6-60 wpm range, with a formed aluminum case finished in baked enamel, 2" tall, 4" wide, 4" deep, weighing 1 lb. 6 oz. It requires a power suply, 6 vdc @ 150 ma or 12 vdc @ 200 ma. An ac operated 6 or 12 vdc souce can be used.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/tentec/specs/kr20pdf

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec KR-5 Single Paddle electronic keyer.

KB2HSH Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2013 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Just what I have been looking for!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been primarily a Speed-X straight key user for most of my 25 years as a ham. I OWN a Vibroplex Original, but never did like the mechanical keying action. Recently, I bought a CRK-10 that happens to have the same RISC-based keyer as the infamous HB-1A and HB-1B transceivers. Once I used the Iambic keyer, I was hooked. However, I am not too interested in "squeeze keying", so when I had the chance to purchase a KR5A, I jumped at it. The spring loaded single paddle is EXACTLY the type of keyer that I enjoy. For a 38 year old key, this thing is incredible. No hidden menus...no complicated operation. Add 12VDC, connect to rig, adjust the spacing of the paddle, adjust the potentiometer for speed, and that's it. The key is a hefty 1.5 pounds, so once the rubber feet are cleaned, it doesn't slide all over the place. And contrary to N5XM's review, the KR5 DOES have the TX button on top for tuning or for QRS.

This key makes CW so effortless...it's perfect in every way...at least for me. If you find one on eBay...don't hesitate.

N5XM Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2001 01:36 Send this review to a friend
A Little Dandy!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This little puppy is really cool. Once you get it set to taste, it's set, until you decide to try to improve on what you've already done. I like the action close and very light, and it hasn't come out of adjustment yet, and I make 130 contacts a month, mostly ragchews. It's just a solid little keyer/paddle, and I wish I had 2 more of them. I just wish it had the keydown button on the top front that my KR-20A has. I guess it's the KR-20A's little brother.