Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco ALR-206T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco ALR-206T
Alinco ALR-206T Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $Unknown
Description: Basic 2 meter, 25 watt moble radio, circa 1986.

You can write your own review of the Alinco ALR-206T.

N7IC Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2004 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these brand new right after they were introduced in the 80's.

5/25 watts output. Excellent transmit audio from the reports I got. Good receive audio to boot.

Never had any problems whatsoever with this rig.
The only reason I gave this radio a 4 is because the PLL tones are done by dip switches inside the radio. At the time I bought it, was only one repeater that required it so it wasnt a burden. In the highly populated towns it might be a slight inconvience with a number of repeaters requiring tones.

Just saw one of these rigs sell for $40 on Ebay. You simply cant beat that for what your buying.

KG4QWC Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2003 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Nice basic first 2-m mobile rig  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Vintage 1986 2-m FM rig. I got mine for $30.00 last year (2002) at a HAMfest as my first mobile rig. I knew the other HAM so I trusted I was getting a good rig. It works super, the mike controls most everything. Very importantly the audio always gets outstanding reports. I have worked UO-14 satellite contacts using it (TX only!) with an MFJ1739 dual-band mag. mount antenna--used the VX5-R for RX. A great first mobile rig for those new to 2-m FM.

Last week I bought a new ICOM 2720H at Timonium, MD HAMfest. The audio really stinks on the new ICOM compared to my old rig. Alinco gets a 5 the ICOM is gonna get a 1, maybe...

Old equipment may not have all the bells-n-whistles but if you get a good old one she may purr like a kitten. My Alinco ALR-206T does!

JAMES_BENEDICT_EX_N8FVJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 22, 2002 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice Receive Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I do not get a thrill out of a 2 meter FM much beyond it works ok or doesn't! Ease of operation has some value to me. The TR-7400A is 'king of the hill' for easy operation. This radio performs ok. The radio has very clear and loud receive audio for such a small package. I do not live in a tough receive area, however my cell phone does not interfer with the receiver at all. I can not say that with some other 2 meter FM radios I owned. I believe ten memories are available and a TT mic is standard as well as tone burst. The transmit audio is very good per reports I have received. If you can find one cheap enough, that will determind if the radio is a bargain.