Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Maldol MSG-1100C Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Maldol MSG-1100C Mobile Antenna
Maldol MSG-1100C Mobile Antenna Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $72.95
Description: Dual Band 146/446MHz high gain 3.5dBi/6.0dBi Mobile antenna munufactured by NCG. Spring-loaded.

You can write your own review of the Maldol MSG-1100C Mobile Antenna.

K8APS Rating: 0/5 Feb 6, 2006 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Stay Away from Maldol/Comet!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok, so this antenna has been discontinued a while now but here's my experience. It worked OK at first... then corrosion in the spring area caused very bad noise when moving. I had to eliminate the spring movement using a piece of tube and hose clamps. That worked ok until the top element broke off with a part of the upper phase coil. And Maldol/Comet has NO PARTS AVAILABLE!! Yup, a $80 antenna is not worth nothing. And Maldol/Comet customer service was not helpful AT ALL. Use your money to invest in something better, such as a Diamond.

WB2KPH Rating: 2/5 Dec 24, 2003 23:39 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: more than 12 months
Disappointing performance. The spring at the base had rust running out of it after six months. Definitely NOT worth the nearly $70 I paid for it.

W5AAN Rating: 1/5 Aug 28, 2003 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Not for Dallas!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's nice that NN1I had such a good experience with this antenna, but I have not. Perhaps it's due to the hotter climate in Dallas...routinely reaching temperatures above 100 in the summer...but I've had the top of the antenna break off on two of the whips, right at the plastic joint. Once that happens, the antenna is not so hot, no longer a "super-gain" antenna and not worth its price. The 1st time the whip broke was in a parking garage. The replacement whip broke as I was just driving down the street, hitting nothing. Time for a different brand.

NN1I Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2001 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Very durable!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is Dual Band 146/446MHz high gain 3.5dBi/6.0dBi Mobile antenna munufactured by NCG. Performance is great, and it is very durable construction. This one does not have a fold-over mechanism, and this is a plus. This one will not fold itself while you are driving 65mph, and you will not have troubles with broken plastic parts. Actually in one catalog it was listed as fold-over (Ham Radio Outlet), but this is not true. This antenna is spring-loaded, and there is a heavy duty spring that will absorb impact. I have this antenna installed on the roof of my car. Many times I hit low trees with this antenna driving at about 35mph, that made my roof to wabble. I even did not know what it was, I thought that someone jumped on my car. Then I realized it was antenna. This antenna is still as good as new.