Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | Dunestar 600 Help

Reviews Summary for Dunestar 600
Dunestar 600 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $449.00
Description: Multi-band remote switched bandpass filters
More info: http://www.dunestar.com/store/Multi-Band-Remote-Switched-Bandpass-Filters-pid-3.html

You can write your own review of the Dunestar 600.

VE3YF Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2010 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Very Effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently use a pair of Dunestar 600 Filters in my SO2R station setup. I have zero issues with the filters, they work perfectly with no interference between either rigs. I have the filters paired up with a pair of W9XT Band Decoders for instantaneous switching.

Recently had Ron at Dunestar bring the filters up to spec and he had them back to me very quickly.

Excellent service and support.

K8IA Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2008 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent rejection, low insertion loss, great cusomer service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I employ these in a small Multi-One (sometimes Multi-Two) contest station with my xyl N7RQ. All antennas are on one tower. Not the most ideal situation for trying to operate simultanelusly on different bands.

We have a Dunestar 600 filter at each of the two operating positions.

The filters offer excellent band-to-band rejection, low insertion loss and provide for efficient multi-transmitter operation.

I recently had Ron (N7EA, owner of Dunestar) rework both filters. He did an excellent job and turnaround was fairly quick.

I recommend these filters.

K1ZR Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2003 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Great filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use two of these in a SO2R station configuration and experience zero interference between both radios with any band combination.

Doesn't get any better...

W2JJC Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2001 13:04 Send this review to a friend
fine performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wired the two that I bought to the Top Ten Devices band decoders and they work like a charm.Excellent support and response form Dunestar. I would buy these again if the need was there

VE3GLN Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2000 14:24 Send this review to a friend
A cost effective solution for a two HF rig Station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contest and while I do not do the two radio trick yet my shack is set up to go when the time comes or I have a friend or two over for a multi multi session.

I use two Dunestar model 600 filters to run a MP and 706 and two amplifiers, an SB200 and an FL7000. My 40m and 20 m beams are separated by 10 feet on the same mast. Both MP and 706 work great on RX while the other is transmitting. I use the Dunestar 600 inbetween the rig and the amp. Installation of the filter after amp equals fried filter for supper. While operating both rigs at the same time I am totally free of any interferance, I experence no desensing or any other reception problems. By the way on Field Day 2000 as VA3RAC 35 alpha we used 18 single band Dunestar filters with outstanding sucess. For good measure we ran 20, 15 and 10 on a SINGLE Raibeam antenna. We used all three bands at the time and did not interfer with each other. Without the filters we never would have gotten all 18 HF bands on the air and we would have needed two more antennas ,towers et al to operate the two other digital bands. Note the model600 and the single band filters use identical filter sections. A first class product not the cheapest nor the best specs but I would not change them out even if I had the funds to do so.

KG5U Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2000 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Dunestar 600 Filters = Super Isolation  Time owned: unknown months
Last year, while operating at XA5T in multi-two mode, I got to experience firsthand the effectiveness of Dunestar filters. While I was building a 2-radio control box for the shack at home, I ordered a pair of Dunestar 600's. Except for one radio being on the other's harmonic, I have yet to hear either radio affecting the other. Now, I operate QRP mostly, but my antennas are all on one tower. Even at 100w levels, there is no interaction between the radios. Excellent!

K2UA Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 1999 13:25 Send this review to a friend
A fine choice  Time owned: unknown months
I use this six-band filter on my second radio in a computer-controlled configuration. It is reasonably well made and *very* effective when used in combination with stubs on each of the monoband feed lines. Draws low current, switches with either +12 or a closure to ground. Problems: Construction leaves something to be desired; isolation is limited by filter topology, but certainly adequate even for one-tower stations with all antennas close together. Reasonably priced. I'd buy another one if I needed more filtering.