Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Hammarlund HQ100 Help

Reviews Summary for Hammarlund HQ100
Hammarlund HQ100 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $160.00
Description: General Coverage Receiver 500 KC - 30 MC

You can write your own review of the Hammarlund HQ100.

KC2OZK Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2006 09:51 Send this review to a friend
a solid sw radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my hammarlund for almost 20 years. It has been in and out of storage many times as my life and interests have changed. It has worked very well. I use a high quality speaker for audio, and it sounds great. I would be aliar if I were to not also mention there have been two times where I needed to send it out for repair. This is mostly due to not having access to a tube tester. If you look at the circuitry in this radio, it is built like a tank. I have two other solid state Shortwave receivers (sangean) and the Hammarlund simply is superior in all ways, especially in dxing. I am keeping mine, and if another of this type shows up, I would buy it if the price is right.

W2CBK Rating: 4/5 Apr 29, 2005 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice AM receiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a nice receiver for casual SWLing. I use it mostly to monitor 75M AM. With the matching speaker, it has a nice, rich "tube sound." Solid build.

Not 21st century technology, but a nice radio.

W8EJO Rating: 3/5 Oct 9, 2001 19:06 Send this review to a friend
A good, low cost receiver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned the HQ 100 for about 6 months and am suprised at it's good quality audio and it's outstanding sensitivity all the way down to 30 MC.
I bought it at a garage sale for $25 which included the separate speaker. It hadn't been fired up for many years, but has worked fine for me. I use it daily for A.M broadcast, foreign shortwave broadcast and to monitor 10 and 15 meter activity. It has dual built in "Q" multiplier circuits which work to reduce QRM. One of the Q multipliers works on AM only and the second works when the BFO is turned on for CW & SSB. It also has a built in 12 hour analog clock.

It's also built like a tank.