Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu SDX Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu SDX
Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu SDX Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: Rotor to RS-232 computer interface for Yaesu SDX rotors
More info: http://www.idiompress.com/rotorcard.html

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu SDX.

VA7VR Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2005 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought 2 of these a couple of weeks ago. Easy to install and calibrate. Work great with Logic 6 and TRX-Manager software. I am turning both rotors from my remote location using TRX-Manager over the internet and they haven't skipped a beat. Less than 1/4 the cost of the Yaesu boards. Also work great through a USB to 8 port serial adapter.

N7US Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2004 01:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent & cost effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the RotorCard in my Yaesu G-2800SDX. It was easy to install and calibrate and has been trouble free. It is incredibly convenient with DXbase, my logging program. DXbase calculates the beam heading of every station spotted on the DX Cluster, so all I have to do is mouse click on the bearing to turn the antenna. It works fine with Writelog, my contesting program, too. I rarely touch the rotor now. It's one of my favorite accessories.

N3UE Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2003 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Nice addition to the shack!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I never wrote a "review" before but here goes...
Bought the unit quite some time ago, used it
with Log-EQF and when I was just too lazy to
reach for the control, used HyperAccess with
a short script. Very easy to install as stated
by others here. The reason for the review is that
I had lost the instructions for the unit and was
not sure of the port settings, so I sent an email
(on a Saturday)asking for a replacement paper.
Within an hour Bob returned an email with the
information I needed... That to me says
GREAT service!!!

N8SHZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2003 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Sound product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this card and installed it in less than an hour! I have always want computer control for my rotor, but the Manufactuer's price as "RATHER" high.
It interfaces perfectly with Win-EQF and makes the pileups so much easier, to not have to worry where the beam is pointed!
Great work guys and great price!

W7TS Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2002 11:25 Send this review to a friend
A Great Investmemt  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I wish I had discovered this product a long time ago. It interfaces without a problem with my logging program (LogWindows). If I ever buy another rotor, I will make sure it is one supported by idiom press's cards.

N2JT Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2002 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Don't DX Without It  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the past several years I poo-pooed computer controlled antenna aiming for HF. Who needs it, right? WRONG! This is really cool and priced right when you consider the alternative with the Yaesu control board.
I purchased this unit and had it 3 days later. Installation and calibration took less than half an hour. It plugs directly into the control box and is fastened with two screws, no modifications needed. Connect the serial cable to your computer, calibrate it and you are in business. I use it with the ProLog2k logging program and this added capability is unbelievably convenient. Simply enter the callsign of the station you are going to call, the heading pops up in the program, one click of the mouse and the antenna is turning. No more reaching over the clutter on the desk to get to the rotor control box.
As for customer service, it couldn't be better. I had a problem with the Idiom Press web page and Bob Locher W9KNI from Idiom Press responded very quickly and by the end of the day we had the problem solved.

PIETROEXK3PD Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2002 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Absolute MUST!!!!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ever since the day that my Idiom Press RotatorCard arrive for my Yaesu G-1000SDX, life has been a lot easier. First of all, the card installed within 15 minutes. My software program DX4WIN was 100% compatible with the RotatorCard. Now when I see a DX spot for a country I need, all I do is press F11 and the antenna is turned automatically while I make my log entry. I have been getting right into the pileups, first call most of the time. Second best thing to a great antenna! An Absolute MUST for any HiTech Station.

WA4FLZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2002 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding aid when using DXbase2003  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in Florida and ordered the RotorCard and had it delivered from California in less than a week. The installation instructions were unambiguous and easy to follow. During calibration I had to solder a small jumper and when I reconnected the RotorCard I inadvertantly failed to mate the connectors properly. A call to California provided the help I needed and I was able to calibrate and install the unit with no
further troubles. This device does everything claimed and I now am able to control the big beam from my computer when using DXbase2003. I am very,very pleased with the product and the service provided by Idiom Press.

K6ANP Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2001 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Ideal station upgrade  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This product is a contester's dream. It is the only third party product that fully supports theYaesu overlap feature. It fully supports the Yaseu slow down prior to stopping. I addition it fully supports north and south centered rotors.

WL7M Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2001 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Product - Teriffic Accessory!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having used another brand rotor controller for my Yaesu 1000 SDX rotator, I found myself in need of a replacement because I bought a new PC and it did not have a compatible socket for the card required to make it work. The Idiom Press RotorCard is the answer! NO PC card required. Installation is a breeze - pop open the Yaesu control box, plug it in and secure it with two screws. Run the RS232 line out of the box in a pre-existing hole, and you're ready to go! Calibration is very simple and extremely accurate, down to the degree. Simply plug in the RS232 to an unused port, use a terminal program (which comes with Windows) to establish two points (270 and 90 degrees), and you're ready to go. I use the controller with DX4WIN, but any program that supports HyGain DCU-1 or Rotor-EZ commands will work. Great value, easy installation and calibration, and NO PC card required! And, great support too....73, Joe WL7M