Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ DXers' World Map Clock Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ DXers' World Map Clock
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: A compact desktop LCD UTC, month/date clock with LCD map.

You can write your own review of the MFJ DXers' World Map Clock.

ZL1BAK Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Neat clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very nice clock for the shack. Each zone can be programmed for daylight savings time. I have mine setup with my local time as the primary zone and gmt as secondary.The only improvements I could suggest is being able to turn the key press beep off and a longer on time for the light. A very cool little clock.

W3OZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2011 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Clock model number is MFJ 112/B  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just read a review about another ham and his disappointment with an MFJ clock he had purchased. That got me to thinking, I have an MFJ clock model MFJ-112. I think the current model is MFJ-112B. Anyway it is labeled as the MFJ DXERS WORLD MAP CLOCK so I think this is the same one others are reviewing here.

I wish all my all my ham equipment was as good and reliable as this little clock. I have had it for many many years and I think it was the first MFJ product I had ever purchased. I canít remember when I got the clock but I think it was in the late 80s and it still works and looks as good as it did when I purchased it. I have replaced many batteries in it and had of course reset the time once a year or so, but it just keeps chugging along. Gains a few seconds a year but I run it against some other atomic clocks in my shack and it is pretty close to on all the time. It keeps better time than my Icom Pro III.

I would buy another.

KM5Q Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2008 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Solid item, does the job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It has a quality feel, and serves it's purpose well. I no longer write down the wrong day in the first few hours after 0000 UTC.

The only stupid thing is that if I switch it to daylight savings time, it changes all the world zones as well as local. But I normally keep it on UTC and use another clock for local, so I just leave it on normal time and it's fine.

After 2 months, it's still within 1 second of my setting to WWV. I consider it a bargain and a great addition to my rig.

K4IDX Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2003 22:33 Send this review to a friend
It's just a cool clock...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 4-5 years now and it's a good, accurate clock that just looks real cool!

K2JAY Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2002 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the clock for several years and find it helpful to keep track of the differences in time throughout the world. It is easy to read and use. Just keep it fed with a new battery every year or so. I only have to set it every couple of months to keep the time to less than 60 seconds of error.

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2001 11:48 Send this review to a friend
An invaluable DXers tool.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a real nice little desktop LCD UTC clock that is a nice addition to one's hamshack. Especially if you QSL and need to keep abreast of when you made a QSO. Of course, if you keep a computer on in your shack at all times, and/or log contacts, you may not need something like this. What really would be cool though, is if future models had a built-in outside/inside temperature guage as well (especially when you are sending WX info to DX stations).