Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Maha MH-FNB-38 Help

Reviews Summary for Maha MH-FNB-38
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 9.6V 650mAh Ni-MH Battery Pack
More info: http://www.mahaenergy.com

You can write your own review of the Maha MH-FNB-38.

K0HPS Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2004 20:02 Send this review to a friend
good battery  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a good battery pack. I use it on my FT-41R and it gives better service than the original Yaesu Ni-Cd FNB-38 pack that came with the radio. Not only does it have a bit more capacity (650 mAh vs. 600 mAh) it also weighs significantly less (5 oz vs. 8.5 oz on my postal scale).

KB7XU Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2003 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Works well with no problems.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the MH-FNB-38 battery for over a year with no problems. I use it on a Yaesu FT-11R HT and I get better performance with this battery than I did with the original Yaesu alkaline pack. I charge it with the Yaesu NC-50 fast charger fitted with the CA-10 sleeves and it charges just like the Yaesu pack did. The only difference I've noticed is that the "low battery" indicator on the HT usually doesn't come on until the battery is actually depleted; in other words, you have very little warning that the battery will need to be recharged. This is not a problem to me because if I think I'll need to recharge the pack, I can do so at any time without worrying about the so-called "memory effect." Buy one--you'll like it!

KC7MMI Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2001 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Hi-Power Battery  Time owned: more than 12 months
This battery has served me well for years. It's rated at 650mAh which is good for it's time. I can leave this thing on the charger and pull it off when I need it. If you need a replacement batter for the FT-11R, get this one. It will give you 5 watts out.