Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Insurance | Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE
Ham Radio Insurance Associates Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $50 Deductable (%1.5-%2.0 of val
Description: Radio, Antenna, Accesories, covered by low deductable insurance. Not limited to specific "listed" damages.
Mechanical Failure, Electrical Failure etc.
More info: http://www.hamradioinsurance.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE.

N3EOP Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2017 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Had tem, needed them, won't be without them!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I signed up with Bill a couple of decades ago when he started showing up at hamfests in the Pittsburgh area. I had recently had a bad encounter with ARRL insurance (read: declined to pay) when my HT got stolen at an event. So, I signed up with HRIA.

I've had two claims; one when a power surge took out my computer, power supply, and TS-440. I had a check within a couple of weeks. A couple of years later, my laptop and IC-901 was stolen out of my car. Again, prompt payment and minimal paperwork (I believe just a police report was needed).

I won't be without insurance, and I plan on staying with HRIA.

N1ARS Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2016 17:46 Send this review to a friend
After Hurricane  Time owned: more than 12 months
We suffered a near miss from Hurricane Hermine. We did have heavy rain and high wind during the storm passage. During the storm I lost the window in my hamshack. The rain poured in on my desk and station. My transceivers were on a lower shelf and escaped unharmed. My new computer was not so lucky. The water filled the desktop unit which destroyed the computer. I contacted HRI and advised them what had happened. I soon received a claim form. After forwarding the bill of sale and pictures of the computer, HRI sent me a check for the total purchase price minus the fifty dollar deductible. No hassle at all. The entire process took 2 weeks.

W9RAC Rating: 1/5 Mar 4, 2016 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Not worth begging for  Time owned: more than 12 months
The first year I purchased my policy from this Company I overlooked the terrible service, this time I will not. No returned emails, NO insurance binder, NO policy for months, NO automatic renewal, calls go to voice mail ……AND you get to do this EVERY YEAR with this guy …... and this is what happens trying to GET A POLICY, you know, give them money! I’m afraid to see what would have happen if I tried to file a claim. I’m 65 years old, I have purchased a bit of insurance in my lifetime and I gotta tell ya I have NEVER seen anything like this. When I ask for a binder all I get is, “your covered”. WHAT??? 25K in equipment coverage and $320+ in premiums and that’s it….”your covered” for months! Could you imagine your home owners or car Policy Company doing business like this? I think I’ll try someone who actually deserves my business and is willing to earn it. I have found a company with rates and coverage the same as, if not better, I will be reviewing soon! 73, RAC

W3DIY Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2015 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Own Expensive Ham Gear? HRIA is a must have.  Time owned: more than 12 months
After a lightning event that took out the logic and interface boards on my IC7700, to the tune of $2K, it was apparent that homeowners insurance is not adequate. The claim history follows you and affects rates for ? years. ICOM and I assume others do not repair boards with LSI ICs which results in mega dollar repairs for high end rigs.
Now insured by Bill's HRIA all risk policy the smoke leaked out of my ICOM PW1 back up amp while conducting a periodic test. I forwarded the repair estimate from ICOM MI that included round trip shipping, a photo with a short claim form and the check arrived in a few weeks. Unlike homeowners insurance that does not cover power surges, no 50 questions, multiple claim forms and extended payment delays. HRIA all risk insurance...sold by a Ham, designed for Hams.

NN4F Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2014 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the insurance in December 2013, active from the January 1st 2014, then we had the severe ice storm in SC in february, then a bad lightning storm, took a close hit, radio was affected, FT1000MP MkV, part was the control board/cpu, no longer in stock with Yaesu, so got my techs report, mailed it in, and replace value for a used MkV check took 4 weeks, got the check today, ordering new radio this week....

N4PIQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2012 04:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellant service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After purchasing the insurance 6 months ago my antenna was struck by lightning which damaged several pieces of equipment.
After I sent in the documentation I received a check within 2 weeks for $3500.00.

Great service and in my opnion every ham should not be without.

Steve N4PIQ

W5DTW Rating: 3/5 Jun 18, 2012 13:55 Send this review to a friend
HAM RADIOS??  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I emailed Bill Hill with some questions about insuring my radio equipment,( he did respond in a timely manor) first was the commercial radio gear, I have two Harris RF-104s, two RF-110As two pristine RF-3200s, one a rare ARQ model, an RF-350K, a Drake MSR-2 and several Racal “GM” receivers and many others too numerous to mention all in good cosmetic and working order, he said no and I can’t really blame him for that after all it is “Amateur radio insurance” But then I inquired about the classic HAM radios in my collection, the
KWS-1, three 75A4s, one a rare no serial number “back door” unit, 75A-2s, VC IIs, CE 100Vs, 20As and other names like Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, Gonset, Harvey wells, several of the tube Yaesu FTDX series and others, again all in good cosmetic and working order, and I got “I would rather pass on these” So evidently “Amateur radio equipment” means only containing 99% Japanese plastic, of which I have several of those also although I don’t often admit it. Now I could understand not having BDI. on the older rigs but if say I had a total loss I would loose tens of thousands of dollars and the lumps of Japanese plastic would not break my heart or pocket book for that matter. BTW I fully understand why someone would want BDI for the mega buck rice boxes as Icoms chunk finals and Yaesu radios the front ends blow if you just sneeze while touching them, Hi Hi
Craig

KT7DAD Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Best thing I ever did  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Little less than a year ago I signed up for http://www.hamradioinsurance.com/

During the wild fire that wiped out the houses around our hose, my Icom-746PROO took a hit when my powerpole burned up, and the powerlines shorted out.

I filed a claim with http://www.hamradioinsurance.com/, and today I got the check.

The 746PRO is out of production so they sent a check for MSRP minus deductible $50.

I am really really happy I had insurance, and very happy with http://www.hamradioinsurance.com/

I have a "new to me" 756PROIII coming to my shack in near future.

NA4IT Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2011 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Great service by great company.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the insurance for several years now. Recently, I suffered a failure of and FT-857D due to lightning. Contacted the company, they sent me a claim form, filled it out and sent the necessary documentation. They paid promptly.

Here's the important part. Call your homeowners and auto insurance providers to see if they cover your ham gear. If not, the next call you make should be to HRIA at (800) 545-8881.

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had been in the Insurance Industry for quite a while, I know a good policy when I see one & this is!