Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Insurance | Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE
Ham Radio Insurance Associates Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $50 Deductable (%1.5-%2.0 of val
Description: Radio, Antenna, Accesories, covered by low deductable insurance. Not limited to specific "listed" damages.
Mechanical Failure, Electrical Failure etc.
More info: http://www.hamradioinsurance.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE.

KC8YEC Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2011 06:19 Send this review to a friend
One Word: "Awesome"  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill Hill is very professional. This coverage is fantastic. I had a power surge that fried my system computer. Luckily the radio itself was ok. I got repair quotes, and turned in all the information. My check arrived very quickly with no hassles. I HIGHLY recommend this coverage.

Thank you Bill!

KB8M

N2YXW Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2010 23:50 Send this review to a friend
BEST INSURANCE A HAM CAN BUY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have to say that Bill Hill and Bill Gallina have exceeded in making the best of a bad situation that I caused when my Icom 7000 got wet in the mobile. Once I had everything in order to them they acted very quickly. I also have the mechanical breakdown rider and highly recommend it. Most homeowner insurance will not cover your mobile and forget about "breakdown" coverage. 5 stars in my book !!!

NY9H Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2009 11:14 Send this review to a friend
"why insurance"  Time owned: more than 12 months
Radio Equipment Insurance . . . Is it necessary?

depends.. but HRIA is the right place to have it.

When I stepped up and bought a big ICOM then an nice ACOM amp I reviewed my exposure. Because both sets are ""microprocessor " based...I arrived at the conclusion if something went BANG it would NOT be inexpensive to repair. Last year the ACOM had an issue, it WAS part of the digital stuff, not the PS or the RF AMP... but the repair was not costly due to ACOM ( Will & Krassy's able repair dept). This summer my ICOM would not turn on.....not good....between ICOM & Matt at SAR/ ICOM Michigan...it was determined the digital something board needed to be replaced. No board level diagnosis possible, as with the ACOM.
VVVVERRRRRY EXPENSIVE.....
(a good case for the Elecraft K3 )

Just sent Bill@ HRIA an email thanking him for the prompt resolution on this ICOM repair claim.
I had the extra breakdown insurance.

bill

N0XEM Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2009 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Easy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just renewed my policy last month. So far I have not had to file any claim. Bill is great to deal with and answers any questions you might have. Glad you don't have to list each item like other insurance companies. Great service Bill!

Bryon-N0XEM

N0HHS Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2009 12:07 Send this review to a friend
great claim settlement service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had coverage for a few years. Had a 2m rig and power inverter stolen from a parked car a few weeks ago. Got the settlement check in 2 1/2 weeks after submitting the claim over the website and faxing the police report. Thank you Bill Hill!

W4GPL Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've never had to file a claim, knock on wood.. but Bill from HRIA is on the ball. Just got my renewal letter today.

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2007 10:21 Send this review to a friend
one word...Awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had to use the insurance once when someone broke in to my car and stoled my Icom HT, sent the police report to them and withen a week had a check for a replacement. Great service. I like not haveing to list each and every thing you want insured, just up to a dollar amout, you bet there going to get a check from me when it comes time to renew.

WB8NUT Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2006 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Value and Easy to Get  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had HRIA for three years now. $75 for $5000 of insurance. Easy to apply, easy to renew. Have not had a claim yet so cannot comment on that. The policy is underwritten by Great American Insurance which is a huge insurance company HQ'd in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I dropped my mechanical breakdown insurance. That was an extra $25. Reason, the $250 deductible. I had a repair, and it was $230 and that was for final replacement. Repair cannot get much worse than that so that extra cost no longer seems worth it to me.

But for insurance, great deal and as long as it is $5,000 or under, you don't have to list all your equipment like you do with the ARRL policy - that makes it easy.

If you need extra insurance, this is where I would go - HRIA!

N8TNJ Rating: 2/5 Jul 10, 2005 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Cannot get an application  Time owned: months
Well I thought it was about time to insure my radios. Read HRIA reviews, thought I would give it a try. Tried to do the on-line app, but it does not work. Phoned compamy was told person I needed to talk to was not there. Emailed the company with a couple of questions and for them to send an app, so now its been over 3 weeks the on-line app still does not work. And I know the snail mail is slow but still no app. Guess I will check out ARRL's insurance.

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2004 14:35 Send this review to a friend
A good product and good agent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I suffered a lightning strike this spring, and there was a lot of damage despite my lightning protection.
The company processed my claim promptly and the check was received in a reasonable amount of time. Note that this policy covers not only your ham gear, but also your PCs (mine was destroyed by the stroke). They will also, for an additional fee, cover your antennas and towers - I'll be covering my new tower and beam with them for sure.