Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Insurance | Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE
Ham Radio Insurance Associates Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $50 Deductable (%1.5-%2.0 of val
Description: Radio, Antenna, Accesories, covered by low deductable insurance. Not limited to specific "listed" damages.
Mechanical Failure, Electrical Failure etc.
More info: http://www.hamradioinsurance.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Insurance Associates "ALL RISK" INSURANCE.

N0XEM Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2009 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Easy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just renewed my policy last month. So far I have not had to file any claim. Bill is great to deal with and answers any questions you might have. Glad you don't have to list each item like other insurance companies. Great service Bill!

Bryon-N0XEM

N0HHS Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2009 12:07 Send this review to a friend
great claim settlement service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had coverage for a few years. Had a 2m rig and power inverter stolen from a parked car a few weeks ago. Got the settlement check in 2 1/2 weeks after submitting the claim over the website and faxing the police report. Thank you Bill Hill!

W4GPL Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've never had to file a claim, knock on wood.. but Bill from HRIA is on the ball. Just got my renewal letter today.

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2007 10:21 Send this review to a friend
one word...Awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had to use the insurance once when someone broke in to my car and stoled my Icom HT, sent the police report to them and withen a week had a check for a replacement. Great service. I like not haveing to list each and every thing you want insured, just up to a dollar amout, you bet there going to get a check from me when it comes time to renew.

WB8NUT Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2006 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Value and Easy to Get  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had HRIA for three years now. $75 for $5000 of insurance. Easy to apply, easy to renew. Have not had a claim yet so cannot comment on that. The policy is underwritten by Great American Insurance which is a huge insurance company HQ'd in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I dropped my mechanical breakdown insurance. That was an extra $25. Reason, the $250 deductible. I had a repair, and it was $230 and that was for final replacement. Repair cannot get much worse than that so that extra cost no longer seems worth it to me.

But for insurance, great deal and as long as it is $5,000 or under, you don't have to list all your equipment like you do with the ARRL policy - that makes it easy.

If you need extra insurance, this is where I would go - HRIA!

N8TNJ Rating: 2/5 Jul 10, 2005 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Cannot get an application  Time owned: months
Well I thought it was about time to insure my radios. Read HRIA reviews, thought I would give it a try. Tried to do the on-line app, but it does not work. Phoned compamy was told person I needed to talk to was not there. Emailed the company with a couple of questions and for them to send an app, so now its been over 3 weeks the on-line app still does not work. And I know the snail mail is slow but still no app. Guess I will check out ARRL's insurance.

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2004 14:35 Send this review to a friend
A good product and good agent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I suffered a lightning strike this spring, and there was a lot of damage despite my lightning protection.
The company processed my claim promptly and the check was received in a reasonable amount of time. Note that this policy covers not only your ham gear, but also your PCs (mine was destroyed by the stroke). They will also, for an additional fee, cover your antennas and towers - I'll be covering my new tower and beam with them for sure.

W0IW Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2004 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Awsome insurance..  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ligtning took out some very important pieces of my repeater... The giys down at radio insurance... Had my check withj in. a week They are fast fair and reliable...

If you need to cover alot od stuff these guys are your solution...

Regards
Joe Leto
KJL

N3EOP Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2002 02:58 Send this review to a friend
MUCH better than "the League"'s insurance...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Once upon a time, I had the ARRL insurance. I hated having to list each and every piece of equipment in order to have it covered. I'm one that will buy a used rig at a hamfest, then sell it at the next, and pic up another one. By the end of the hamfest season, the list would be completely different. Also, you have to insure *everything* that you want covered.

HRIA simply insures up to a dollar amount per claim. What are the odds of losing both your home rig and your car rig at the same time? If your mobile equipment is of considerable value, it could save you some $$$ and still be covered.

I've had the misfortune of having to file claims under both insurances. ARRL insurance (it was under a different underwriter, so it may be different now) tried everything they could to delay payment of the claim. Police reports, notarized statements, even a claims rep came out to grill (er, interview) me. I'd hate to see what they would have done if the claim was over the $500 of this one. I believe they weasled out of paying for some smaller items.

I've had two claims under HRIA; one some time ago for a lightning hit on the power line, the other a year or so ago when someone broke into my car. Both were paid quickly. The lightning one they wanted the dead equipment sent to them, and for the break-in, they simply wanted the police report. The check arrived in the mail shortly afterwards.

Renewal time is almost here, and you can bet HRIA is getting a check from me. Just the piece of mind of not worrying about the radio if I leave the car windows down a bit in the summer, or being able to go home for some sleep on Field Day and leaving my rig set up overnight.

KB3CDF Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2001 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Peace of Mind  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you are a mobileer, you might consider some sort of additional insurance. I have a CC&R Busting Nerd-Mobile from which I operate during a long commute to and from work. It is also great from Hill tops and contest roving.

Regular auto insurance doesn't cut it in every circumstance. It might pay to repair damage to the car that occurred "during the crime". Replacement of the radio might be out of your own pocket.

SANS trip de Paranoia... chech HRIA out. two affordable plans: itemized or blanket amount.