Reviews Categories | Transverters | Ten-Tec 2 Meter Transverter Model 1210 Help

Reviews Summary for Ten-Tec 2 Meter Transverter Model 1210
Ten-Tec 2 Meter Transverter Model 1210 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $139.00
Description: Any mode, solid-state T-R switching, 10 watts RF output, handles 4 to 20 watts input.
More info: http://www.tentec.com/

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec 2 Meter Transverter Model 1210.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 03:51 Send this review to a friend
still America's Best !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Considering that for a tranverter by Elecraft 400$ are pretended, I opted for the assembled kit version of the transverter by Ten-Tec. My transverter is NOS: the manual was printed in 1997!!!
When driven with just 2 watts, the output is about 8 watts on my meter. Full output is reached with anything between 4 and 20 watts input. As for the RX side, it gives about 3 S-units of gain so in the case I wish to gain ERP I just put it closer to the antenna. The frequency was carefully calibrated and is stable. Really a well designed product. The last but not the least the manual is informative and better than a service manual.

AC5CH Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2005 19:37 Send this review to a friend
Best Deal In Ham Radio!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these transverters, and have been very satisfied with both of them. The drift isn't that bad, and they allow me to utilize the features of my FT 920 and System 600 on two meters.

Construction isn't that difficult if you don't get in a hurry.

Come on guys, for under $175.00 delivered, you can't beat it!

VR2XMC Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2002 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Serve me good over 2 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
It was an interested project to me about two years ago. It has been a piece of nice equipment for me to work with my IC756. The combined performance is only slightly worse than my IC970H in 2m operation. However, I get a bandscope plus twin PBT and all the function in IC756 which are missing from IC970H.

As other reviewers said, there are minor drifts in frequency because the crystal is not temperature compensated. Anyway, I can live with these drifts.

To repeat, it is a well designed kit for hams.

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

KB9E Rating: 3/5 May 26, 2002 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Fun to build but....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found the kit to have almost every component necessary to complete the kit. A few were not there, but Ten Tec was very prompt in sending what I needed at no cost to me. I was really irritated over the number of addendums included. It was very confusing at times and not anything like the good ole' Heathkits I used to love to assemble. Also, since it only covers 144.000 to 145.700 out of the box when used with most hf rigs that don't xmit beyond 29.999.99(even with the MARS mod), I found it necessary to re-rock it for full 2 meter coverage. I think I got the custom made crystal set me back another $30 or so. But, once together and tuned, it works very well. Can't say that I'd buy another Ten-Tec kit.

N9ESH Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2001 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Another great little addition to the shack or moble.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After building and running the Ten-Tec 6 meter transverter, adding the 2 meter version to the shack was a natural.

Assembly went smoothly, owing largely to the high quality glass pwb that was a joy to solder. The 1210 worked flawlessly the first time. No, I would not recomend this kit for a beginner, but someone with some Heath-kit expierence and a well equipped work bench will enjoy the project.

The 1210 is a perfect companion to my HR-2600 10 meter rig and an old Mirage B108 "brick" amplifier. It can easily be switched from home to moble.

If you are old enough to remember the fun days of 2 meter AM (1960's), you will find SSB to be a plesant reminder of that era.