Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR 2 meter loop. Help

Reviews Summary for PAR 2 meter loop.
PAR 2 meter loop. Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64 USD
Description: Two meter horizontal omni antenna.

You can write your own review of the PAR 2 meter loop..

N4AYV Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2013 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Incredible Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I run these stacked with the power divider harness at about 30 feet. I made my first DX contact 283 miles away (between grid squares FM19 and FN31)! I run only 50 watts with an FT-847. With these antennas, if I can hear them, I can work them.

The antennas are very well made, easy to install, and tune up. I use LMR-400 flex as the feedline and their performance has been stable, rain or shine.

Dale is great to work with and very helpful. His responsiveness to emails is exemplary; I swear he sits by the computer day and night.

You won't go wrong with these antennas, nor with Dale.

W5WRF Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2011 04:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I run these stacked with the upper loop at 35' and have worked 450 plus miles with 150 watt brick on SSB. I am using Par's stacking harness which is also very well made, just like the antenna. I have been very pleased with the performance of this arrangment. I like balan design so all power is radiated horizontal. Dale with Par is also great with customer service etc. You can't go wrong with these or Dale! There no comparsion between Pars and others I have tried!

F5TXW Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2011 12:20 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD ANTEENA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This weekend i'm very enjoy to use my OA144 to a contest.I made many contacts in all directions and all the stations I hear I was able to contact them.
I have already ordered a second antenna and a staking kit.
The installation and the settings are very easy, the antenna is really discreet and lightweight.
Next step, installing and testing 2 OA144.
Dale thank you for your availabilty and your mail answers fast.

K4MSG Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Simply outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the past couple of months I have had a chance to work extensively with several 2-meter horizontal omni antennas, both commercial and homebrew. While "an omni is an omni is an omni" sounds cute, there are in fact differences. Here are some of them.

1. The PAR Omniangle is truly omnidirectional. We modeled it and it is dead on a nearly perfect circle at about 1 dBi gain. That's about -1.1 dBd gain, but ALL OTHER SHORTENED HALF-WAVE OPEN-END LOOPS HAVE AN ELLIPTICAL PATTERN, with MORE gain than a dipole off the connector and open sides and LESS off of the other two sides.

2. PAR does not claim gain that simply doesn't exist, either from some "smoke & mirrors" testing or by including ground reflection gain. *ANY* truly omnidirectional horizontal will have LESS gain than a dipole. And that's physics.

3. The PAR Omniangle uses a balun, so virtually all of the radiation is horizontal. No other horizontal loop or halo I'm aware of uses a balun, so they all have a certain amount of - guess what? Feedline radiation!

4. The PAR Omniangle is well-designed, simple to install and adjust, and stacks very nicely. A single PAR is as good as most other stacked pairs (because of the lack of feedline radiation) and a pair of stacked OA-144s is as good as it gets for a truly omnidirectional horizontal antenna. And BTW, the stacking harness uses RG-11, not RG-6, so the harness losses will be reduced.

Running 120 watts to a single PAR OA-144 I have had contacts with better-equipped stations out to 200+ miles. I just stacked a pair of them and the improvement is already noticeable on local QSOs (out to 35 miles) and in "hearability" of distant 2-meter beacons. I'm really looking forward to using the stack for longer-distance QSOs!

FWIW, the VSWR of my stack is 1.15:1 so my radio is very happy. ;-)

Dale, W4OP, is a fine gentleman and absolutely great to deal with. Every company should be so well represented.

Given the price ($64 for a single OA-144, double that plus $44 for a pair plus a phasing harness), the exceptionally clean horizontal pattern, the lack of feedline radiation, the ease of assembly and adjustment, the customer service, and of course the superb on-air performance, the PAR OA-144 has got to be one of the best bargains around. I'd buy it even if it cost a lot more because it simply is that good.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2011 14:10 Send this review to a friend
GOT TWO METER SSB? GET PAR!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Second interview. I'm in my new QTH now and while the antenna location is similar to the one in first house, it's about twenty feet lower. It's now only eight feet high, still near the ceiling in the bedroom and on a tripod. My back-up Icom 706 needed an antenna for two SSB and the Par is perfect for this!. I can get solid local QSO's to over 150 miles with my radio's 50 watts and while I can hear a lot farther, I have a lot of fun keeping up with the locals. I already have five antennas outside in my antenna restricted neighborhood! The loop's construction is excellent and the unit is assembled in about one or two minutes. The price to reasonable and the company stands behind every product.

Have fun with your Par antenna and let's exchange antenna pictures: tbgspaceship@yahoo.com

Terry

KE3JH Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2011 05:08 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ive tried loops,stacked loops,dipoles and a vert for 2 mtr ssb and this par ant works the best for my money you cant beat it. Well made also.

K3TD Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2007 19:13 Send this review to a friend
great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used my OA-144 Omniangle from two different locations with excellent results. Due to deed restrictions my antennas must be stealth or inside the attic. I have worked over 25 different grids on 2 through casual operating from home and have always been most impressed with the performance of the OA-144. Dale's customer service after the sale is also excellent! I have had similar success with my OA-50. It doesn't get any better than this!

N9MSH Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2007 14:20 Send this review to a friend
sweeet  Time owned: more than 12 months
purchased the same time as my 6mtr, and i haven't been disappointed. it works great for local same as the oa 50 doesn't detune in the rain. should have bought a pair for some gain but thats why i have a dual beam. excellent for monitoring for band openings.

KC0VDN Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2006 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Omni!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This omni works great. It has quality construction and is easy to tune. Lightweight, easy mounting make it great for portable ops. In about two hours time in the September VHF contest I had worked about 15 stations CW/SSB from the top of my car with 5 watts! One was 150+ miles! Great for receiving beacons as well. Couldn't ask for more.

Peter
St. Paul, MN
KC0VDN

K0CBA Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2006 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An omni is an omni, is an omni, is an omni! That being said, This one is extremely well built with top grade materials.