Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR 2 meter loop. Help

Reviews Summary for PAR 2 meter loop.
PAR 2 meter loop. Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64 USD
Description: Two meter horizontal omni antenna.

You can write your own review of the PAR 2 meter loop..

KA2LIM Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2006 16:59 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased in July 04 and installed it on my van. Yes, I use this antenna exclusively for mobil operation. My buddy and I went to VA. for the Sep 04 VHF contest and activated FM26. When the conditions got bad on Sunday morning, we decided to tear down and head for home (12 hr drive). Made a few six meter contacts to start with, then switched to 2 meters. We each made over 50 contacts while driving thru 8 different grids. Was consistantly asked, what are you running ? The answer was always the same Icom MK-II G, 50 watts into a PAR AO-144. This antenna is a solid preformer. It works so well, I now use one at the home station for listening in all directions at once. Outstanding horizonal polarized omni-direction antenna and you can stack them for more gain. If you do not have room for a big yagi and want to have some fun on 2M SSB and CW, then this the antenna for you. Give Dale a call or visit his website and get yours today.
Ken/KA2LIM

N6CRR Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2006 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Works...what more can you ask?  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Some of the locals in my area have been experimenting with PSK31 on 2 meters once a week and I decided to join in with my FT736 and a Vertical, Long story short, I was the local goat for having such a poor signal on both transmit and receive, do something.

So I broke out a Par OmniAngle AO-144 that I had tried out and put away due to thinking that 2 meter SSB was not for me at the current location. This time I added better coax, and got the little antenna up about 35 foot in the air. By the way, assembly is simple, no tools of any sort needed for assembly, with the hardest part being getting the darn metal rods into a section of shrink tube which holds them into the Delta shape Par antennas are known for. So up the ladder, 7/8 wrench in hand and my LMR 400 coax.

About a half hour later, Im on the air on 2 meters SSB from the wilds of DM04 (Palmdale CA) up against a ridge line on the West side of town. First contact, Long Beach CA, a haul of about 90 miles over the mountains surrounding Los Angeles. Im weak but hey, 25 watts into a under $60 antenna, what more could you want?

Next day, working a town down in Riverside CA, about 70 miles away, and getting better reports than from the Long Beach station. Then last night, the best of DX for me, DM04 (Palmdale) to DM07 (North of Fresno) about 260 miles, still on 25 watts, still at 35 feet. Im so impressed, I ordered a second loop and phasing harness; 2 meters DX here I come.

Proving once again that 2 meter loops work and the Par Electronics versions of the loop works as well as advertised and as well as any of the other brands available in the market today. The antennas are a bit hard to find for some reason, but Google Par Electronics, drop Dale Par a line and he will tell you where and how to purchase.

Oh, one other thing, Rain. Im in the desert, so we dont get a lot of rain, but after I got the antenna up we got some, go figure. So having heard all the complaints about rain effecting loops, I put the VSWR meter in line and measured what the rain was doing. Pre rain, around 1:2:1 on the low end of the band, during the rain 1:4:1, so some de-tune, but nothing that I could not live with.

K9YC Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2003 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Good design, well built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
See my detailed review under the general listing for PAR Omniangle Antennas

Jim Brown K9YC

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2003 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Been using a pair of Par OA-144s stacked about 30 feet above ground for almost a year. Performance is excellent given (a) they're omnidirectional antennas, (b) not very high, and (c) near trees which attenuate signals. On VHF contests been able to work stations up in Boston, Rhode Island, and CT from my home QTH near Philadelphia...Not too shabby on 40 watts.

The antennas appear to be well made. Assembly and tuning are a breeze. Company has been responsive to questions. What more could anyone want?!

NT9E Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2003 23:59 Send this review to a friend
Super Performer!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had my loop installed on my 45 ft tubular tower since Dec 2002. I run an Icom 910H on 2m running 100W. I can work any station that I can hear. I may not bust a pileup the first call but I usually get my grid. I would recommend this loop to anyone needing a small omni directional 2m SSB/CW antenna with a small foot print.

W6PMR Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2001 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Works very well.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you need a omni that has horizontal polarization this thing works great. I was using my Hustler G-7 for omni monitoring and then switching to the horizontal beam and aiming around for local work and rag chewing on SSB,but now with this antenna,I not only can "hear" better than using the G-7 but I find myself not twisting the beam around for local work.
I use the PAR now for all initial monitoring on two meter SSB mode. It works great for all my net check-ins and close in work.
It is built well and looks like it will survive
harsh weather with no problems.
I now only use the beam for DX and in many cases I am suprised how well this antenna works in that respect also.