Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | ElectronicsUSA.com Six Digit LED Digital Clock CK-1 Help

Reviews Summary for ElectronicsUSA.com Six Digit LED Digital Clock CK-1
ElectronicsUSA.com Six Digit LED Digital Clock CK-1 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$115. assembled
Description: The CK-1 is a 12 or 24 Hour LED digital clock with seconds display. This clock is available fully assembled or as an electronic kit.
More info: http://www.electronicsusa.com/ck1.html

You can write your own review of the ElectronicsUSA.com Six Digit LED Digital Clock CK-1.

WB3LHD Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2012 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this clock in kit form several years ago. I wanted a big and professional looking clock for my shack and this is a great clock and is always within a few seconds all the time.

I'm serious about my UTC time and this clock shows it.

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2009 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Handsome and accurate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been looking for a 'professional' clock for the ham shack. Most of the cheap digital models from the drug store just don't look very serious. I read the clock reviews on e Ham and decided on the CK1 from Electronics USA. I am very pleased! It is accurate, has a small footprint, and blends in well with the radios and accessories.

I highly recommend this timepiece! The wait for delivery was about 4 weeks which the company tells you of up front before ordering. The build quality is highly professional.

Serious timepiece for serious hams and worth the cost.

Allen
K6USN/E51USN

WA3ELQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2004 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I decided it was time to replace the ancient Heathkit clock in my shack, the CK-1 seemed to be the logical choice. With 24 hour display, a battery back-up (which the Heathkit lacked), and even a faceplate available that indicates Coordinated Universal Time it had everything I wanted. In kit version, the price was right as well.

Building the CK-1 was a breeze. The instructions are clear and well illustrated, and the parts were well packaged and complete. I had the circuit board built, the unit assembled, and the clock installed in the shack in less than 2 hours.

The CK-1 has operated flawlessly since I installed it. Setting the unit to WWV was easy, and I have not had to reset it since. In a recent power failure, the battery back-up maintained the time as advertised. Despite warnings in the manual that the clock could be affected by strong RF fields, I have had the CK-1 sitting atop my 800 watt amp with no problems whatsoever.

I highly recommend the CK-1.

K4NVJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2001 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Ideal for the shack!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Remember the days when the magazines were full of ads for digital clock kits. That was 20-25 years ago. Looking for a station clock, that is what I wanted. It should have (1) an LED display with decent sized digits, (2) 24-hour capability (3) a hold function to allow synchronizing with WWV (4) AC powered with battery backup. They are not so plentiful as they once were but there is at least one good one available.

The ElectronicsUSA.COM CK-1 is the one. It can be had in kit form or assembled, case or no case with choice of colors if you opt for it. I built the kit and had fun doing it. It keeps good time of course, since it runs off 60 cycle AC. It will stay within plus or minus 5 seconds, maintained that way by your power company. If power is interrupted the battery kicks in until AC is restored. I?ve had mine almost 2 years now and I?m very happy with it. If your old clock kit has run down for the last time, this is the one to replace it with. Your log times will always be accurate with this one. No frills, just the necessary basics; it is a good accurate dependable clock for the hamshack.