Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4DA Ham Radio Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4DA Ham Radio Repair
N4DA Ham Radio Repair Reviews: 48 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $60/hr
Description: A repair shop owned and operated by Milton Lord,N4DA,who repairs a wide variety of radios both old and new
More info: http://www.n4da.com

You can write your own review of the N4DA Ham Radio Repair.

K5AES Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2013 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Successful repair of IC-735  Time owned: more than 12 months
Milt solved the xmit audio distortion problems of an IC-735 I had on the air as a back-up rig. I'm receiving good audio reports when on the air with it now. The performance is topnotch. He will always be the first choice for any future repair needs.

W4ASE Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2013 13:42 Send this review to a friend
GReat Guy Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Milton is one of the best technicians I have run across in my almost 50 years of being on the Ham bands. Her has repaired several radios for me and I without hesitation refer friends and others to him to his repair service. Great just does not seem strong enough of a word to describe his service to me and my friends. Milton is one of a kind!

W4JSM Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2013 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Hercules II Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I blew the finals in my Ten Tec Hercules II amplifier and was told by Ten Tec that they could no longer get replacement finals. On the recommendation of a friend I called N4DA. He was able to get replacement finals which he installed. While he had it he also recalibrated the watt meter. The quality of his work was excellent and without his help I would have had an amp that the factory could not fix. I would highly recommend his work.

K4HYJ Rating: 4/5 Mar 19, 2013 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Good work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an Ameritron Al-811H and MFJ-986 from an estate sale - both early 90's vintage. The amp would not reach full power on new tubes and the tuner had high SWR no matter what it was connected to.

I delivered them to his house and they were ready for pick-up in 4 days. The amp needed some caps and the tuner had a dead short in the antenna switch. They work great now - he "calibrated" the meters on the tuner also.

Charged me parts plus one hour labor.

N4GUD Rating: 1/5 Mar 14, 2013 07:33 Send this review to a friend
POOR  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
In November of 2012, I drove to N4DA's home to have some repairs made on my TS-940 and FT-101. I spent the night there at a local motel to wait for the 940 repairs which were satisfactorily completed. He was to locate a crystal for the FT-101 in order to be able to operate on 17m and was to install new final tubes. He never communicated with me and will NOT answer his phone. I have sent numerous emails to him with only one response..."I broke one of the tubes when installing it", that was 2 months ago and I still don't have my rig back. I have emailed him requesting that he send it back to me with NO response! Beware!!!

ND4Z Rating: 0/5 Mar 7, 2013 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Also Disapointed-Butchered ny Kenwood TS200!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Milton Lord should not be repairing Kenwood TS-2000 radios. I sent him my radio because it was intermittently losing transmit power. He trouble shot the problem and found that the 2sc1972 driver transistors went bad. He replaced them and charged me over $300 plus shipping for the repair. I received the radio with no invoice enclosed and a scuff mark on the front panel plastic. I made contacts
with the radio with various other hams who all reported my audio was distorted. I called Mr. Lord and told him about the problem and he told me to send it back. Once again I paid to ship it back to him. He never let me know if and when he received the radio. After a month of waiting I called him and he claimed he was waiting for parts.
I waited a few more weeks and called him again and had no answer. I left him several messages on his voice mail and many un answered e-mails, until I realized he was ignoring me. I finally
had no option but to notify the the county clerk of court in his county and pay a filing fee with the paper work for small claims court. Soon after Mr. Lord finally contacted me by phone and told me he could not fix my radio and was returning it to me. I received the radio and found that Mr. Lord used cheap knock off Chinese driver transistors to replace the OEM original 2sc1972
drivers. He had solder shorts, cut component leads, and many disconnected components. I had to pay another repair tech in Tampa, Fla to fix the mess and install the original OEM drivers made by
Mittshu. He also found a bad capacitor and had to
clean up a solder mess. Lee, in Tampa had it fixed
adjusted and working in about a hour and a half.
Took it home and been having many great qso's all over the world with full power out and no audio problems reported. In summary, Mr. Lord of N4DA radio repair had my radio from late Nov.2012 until the start of March 2013 (about 3 months) and could not fix it. His business ethics are terrible because he failed to communicate with his customer, send receipts or work orders, and refuses to take charge cards or pay pal. I also have high resolution pictures of the butcher job he did on my radio if anyone would like to see them. He has caused me a lot of money wasted and stress not knowing if and when I would get my radio back. I would not suggest Mr. Lord to anyone needing repair. As stated by a previous review "The radio doctor is a quack"
Buyer beware. de ND4Z

AK4VK Rating: 2/5 Dec 26, 2012 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had a less than satisfactory experience with this group. New to the hobby, and sent an Icom 746 in for repair. No communications back that anything was going on, and seemed like I was bothering him when I checked. After two months the radio came back, and blew the finals as soon as transmit was hit. Audio finals was not even the problem it was sent in for. Did apologize and promised to make it right. Sent back, and waited for two more months. Received it and had the same problem. Sent off to a different company, and it was fixed in two weeks, as apparently poor quality components had been used. The bottom line was that it cost more, took longer, and in the end was not usable as received back.

K3FWG Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2012 13:11 Send this review to a friend
great job milt  Time owned: more than 12 months
sent my kenwood 940s to milt for repair. he did a great job radio is as good as new

K4FRC Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff Maynard!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great communications, quick turn around and very fair pricing...Milton worked wonders on my QRO 2500DX.

KC4PE Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2011 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Super Good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Milton did a complete restoration and update mods on a Kenwood TS-870. The radio has never been better as all function work like a charm..
You can trust this fellow to do a great job on your problem..
Bill - KC4PE