Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

N8FVJ Rating: 3/5 Oct 11, 2002 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Weak I.F. Filtering  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The radio does work and has a sensitive receiver, however I.F. filtering is poor. Not any different than a CB radio with extras.

AC5CH Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2002 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Transceiver  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had one of these units a couple of years ago. It was a very nice 10 meter radio with an exceptionally good receiver. It did what it was advertised to do - and more! However, I did have to adjust the FM deviation as it was set FAR too low to be effective on 10 meters. (I reset it to +/- 2.5 Kc as it was set to +/- 1.5 Kc from the factory....) This radio isn't available new anymore, however a determined person should have no trouble locating a good used one!

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2001 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 10m mobile unit for the money.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this unit at a local Hamfest a few months ago, and it has served me quite well both in the car, and as a portable battery operated station from remote locations. It is basically very similar to Radio Shack's 10m mobile offering, and puts out about 12 to 15 watts on sideband. Unfortunately, it has no CW (too bad)though. The receiver is hot for a small, relatively inexpensive mobile unit, and the LCD metering very adequate. I have easily worked all over the world with the 12 watts from the mobile, using only a Wilson 1000 mag mount antenna, and plugged into my cigarette lighter socket. The ground plane, if you will, is my compact VW Golf, so you may get even better results if you drive a larger vehicle. I get good audio reports with this radio, and have even worked several VK's, ZL's, and JA's from the local mall parking lot, while my wife was inside shopping! All in all, an excellent 10m mobile rig (at this price point) that will net you good DX for peanuts!