Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Vargarda 9ele 144MHz Help

Reviews Summary for Vargarda 9ele 144MHz
Vargarda 9ele 144MHz Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $95
Description: It's a very good 9ele antenna for allaround working, both contest-working, "normal qso-working", and for stacking.
At our club we work whit 4x9ele
More info: http://www.vargardaradio.se/

You can write your own review of the Vargarda 9ele 144MHz.

G6NHU Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2010 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these beams up for over ten years and it's a great performer. I took it down this year to replace the coax and apart from a little discolouration, it was in perfect order. I put it back without doing any work on it whatsoever.

I'll be looking to upgrade my aerial in the next couple of years or so and would happily buy another Vargarda.

G0HVQ Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2007 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Very impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got mine second-hand (probably 3rd or 4th hand) but still in good condition. Really like the no-tune design, just solder your coax straight to the little PCB in the dipole connector box and off you go, SWR flat across the band, the SWR needle barely moves. This is heaven compared to my other VHF yagis with their gamma matches

Seems very robust too, but not heavy, just well designed. Good gain and quite sharp compared to my old 6 ele quad. If I were buying new and had the space, I'd probably go for the 11 ele.

2E1HKB Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2006 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently have a pair of 9el2's vertically stacked and i am most impressed with the performance of the antennas. Even as a single yaigi they work very well indeed. Its a shame M5BXB is no longer importing the antennas to the UK.
Very well made and built to last.

M5BXB Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2004 15:58 Send this review to a friend
You cannot buy better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using a single 9el2 for over 6 years. As mentioned in other posts, Vargarda manufacture their antennas with great care and use top grade materials. The 9el2 has no problems coping with extreme temperatures and high winds. No tuning is required for any of the Vargarda antennas which makes them ideal for stacking. These antennas are great for all your VHF requirements, be it contesting, DX'ing, Sats, or just general purpose. Compared to other more expensive manufacturers like Cushcraft, you get more DX per Dollar/Pound/Euro etc...

Vargarda now do a longer 2m antenna which is 13dBD and has 11 elements.

Oh, I forgot to say. I like the antennas so much, I am the UK distributor. See http://www.m5bxb.com

OZ2M Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2001 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having used my Vargarda (OZ5HF) 9 el. for a number of years I must say it is a good medium sized antenna for 144 MHz, ~4 m. It offers both a strong mechnical design, good gain and clean pattern for the money. Perhaps the best in its class. Unfortunately the 9 el. is the longest antenna made by Vargarda you can get for 144 MHz.

SM6USS Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2001 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for 144MHz  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have tryed the Vargarda antenna for several years now, and I must say that I have not seen another antenna so good even if its just 4,5 meters long. It has a 12 dBD, and its great for stacking.
At home a work whit a singel 9ele, and at our club ( SK6AL, SM West VHF DX Group http://www.qsl.net/sk6al ) we working whit 4x9ele.
We also have 4x13ele @ 432MHz from Vargarda.