Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | SatScape Help

Reviews Summary for SatScape
SatScape Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Satellite Tracking Software - Freeware
More info: http://www.satscape.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the SatScape.

VA7ACG Rating: 4/5 May 31, 2013 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice little java app. I can export the predictions to excel and I have my week planned for Sat qso's. Java sometimes if finickety but whatcha gonna do?

N8BP Rating: 4/5 Jul 11, 2011 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Very good for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
(Java Version)
Good software; loads quickly, nice 3D earth view and voice alarm.

One drawback; must be online to use - Java gets upset when it cant reach out to the author's site to get updates. The program crashes during start up, so no opportunity to change any settings to attempt work around.

Home QTH location configuration is not intuitive, but once configured and saved the program works as expected.

Would like to see UTC and Local time in the tabular prediction output (currently only in local time) - can be confusing when tracking multiple Sats and referencing websites etc that only track in UTC.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 4/5 Dec 31, 2010 08:16 Send this review to a friend
getting worse  Time owned: more than 12 months
The former Satscape 2.0.2 was amazing. Satscape 2.0.2 could work WITHOUT internet connection except when updating keps. It was processor consuming but it had features like horizon view to help to beam towards the moon.
Then I downloaded the last version, which is a Java version called Satscape Version 10.07.03 beta. The strange thing is that I downloaded it from www.satscape.info and not www.satscape.co.uk. At www.satscape.co.uk is everything but a ham site! Not sure if it has been hacked or so. www.satscape.info was the link indicated by amsat.org and that is the one I used. However when opening the new Satscape it appears the label www.satscape.co.uk! So which is the official website of Satscape?
The new version is less processor consuming, but it has not a horizon view as far as I know. Plus it seems to need an internet connection all the time! WHY???? Further it generates error messages even when connected to the internet on the desktop. WHY???

N8XM Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2010 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Exellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Absolutely awesome...how can something this good be free? Just started with the sats and tried other programs, this is the best...

K5RG Rating: 1/5 Apr 16, 2010 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Exception Generator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got sandbagged by the program. My NASA associates indicated it was great, so I got it set up to use with an ARISS contact, everything worked fine and then at T - 48 hours I discover during the school initial setup, it doesn't work at all without an Internet connection. The list of features states "it works without an internet connection for about two months" Wrong! You get an "Unable to launch the application" error. Trying the advanced user install version doesn't work at all with or without an Internet connection (I get a list of so many exceptions it can't display them all). Then I tried to go to the support forum to see where I may have gone south. To add insult to injury, I get a "General Error - SQL Error". So I've wasted two days of my life and have been re-educated in the axiom - you get what you pay for.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2009 15:57 Send this review to a friend
tasty lunchfree  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
impressive software. I like the horizon view so I can more easily point the antenna with the manual control box of cheap rotor. It includes also downlink and uplink frequencies. I found that there are some operational satellites listed on the amsat website that seem to have a different name from the ones identified by the software. Where are itupsat1, beesat, swisscube, so67, aggiesat-2, castor, prism, stars, co66, compass-1, co-65, cape-1, genesat-1, co-58, co-57, so-50, etc?

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2005 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Impessive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Graphics are very good, the data that is given also very good, able to track multi birds at one time.
Have fun and enjoy
w3nrl
AMSAT # 33548

KA2UUP Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2005 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't beleive it is this good and it is free. Up to the task and easy to use.

PE1NPG Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2005 04:50 Send this review to a friend
Simple and ggod  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed Satscape this week, what a nice program. Got DDE working with LabVIEW software, I'am using LabVIEW for all my programming, and have an emulation now of a rotor control (2m and 70 cm comm's)program. Have to build interface hardware now. I Like the voice announcement.
I hate the Skin, but that can be switched of.
Thanks Scott for making it available as Freeware! 73 de Jean-Pierre. PE1NPG

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started looking for satelite tracking programs and now have found the program of all programs for tracking. It does require a newer computer to run but is does everything. It even combines with wisp to control the radio and the rotators to make everything automatic. I also like the update feature to get the new version or new keps.