Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | VK0IR Heard Island TV Documentary/Video Help

Reviews Summary for VK0IR Heard Island TV Documentary/Video
VK0IR Heard Island TV Documentary/Video Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $25
Description: The 1-hour broadcast television documentary about Heard Island and the 1997 VK0IR DXpedition.
More info: http://www.dxvideos.com

You can write your own review of the VK0IR Heard Island TV Documentary/Video.

KB1KIX Rating: 3/5 Sep 29, 2005 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Great documentary.... just not much radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want to know about Heard Island, then this is a great documentary. The history is top notch. Hey, I even learned that a couple of towns over from where I live here in CT, were sailors that almost completely destroyed the naturalwildlife there a hundred and fifty years ago!

All that being said, there just wasn't much radio - approx. 5 minutes if you're lucky.

If it plainly said this, then I would have just bought another video instead. After seeing the reviews of his other productions here on eham,I will give another one a shot.

I wanted something to fall back on, just in case a public speaker failed to show up to a club meeting - but this one won't be used for that purpose.

As far as the DVD vs VHS bit goes - I wouldn't buy the tape - DVD worked fine. Picture quality is great.

Jonathan

N5VWN Rating: 3/5 Feb 21, 2005 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Not really a ham video  Time owned: more than 12 months
All his other movies were just great. This one is professional but if you are looking for a lot of hamming here, you will be discouraged. It's hard for me to say something bad about this guy's movies because his others are so good and made just for us but could be watched by anyone. In this movie, amatuer radio is incedental. As far as the island history goes though, it's first rate. I had trouble with my dvd's not being able to search to the next segment. Maybe a better dvd player will do it. So I recomend the vhs tapes.

N8IK Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2001 13:53 Send this review to a friend
very FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A high class production just like the other three James has done. These make a great program for your next club meeting.