Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond CP22E 2M Base Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CP22E 2M Base
Diamond CP22E   2M Base Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $59.00
Description: Aluminum 2 Meter (2)5/8wave stacked verticles, 144-148Mhz, 6.5dB gain, pretuned less then 1.5:1.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/cpseries.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond CP22E 2M Base.

KB9ZB Rating: 1/5 Jul 4, 2017 07:37 Send this review to a friend
not A REPEATER ANTENNA   Time owned: more than 12 months
Had two of these, both were intended to be used as repeater antenna's. Both suffered same corrosion issues at joints. even after fixing these issues the antenna still did not live up to the performance i expected. lots of interment issues and to much work to keep it up, it should be put up once and work without constant maintenance.
I decided to spend a few more dollars and got a commercial antenna, out it up once and like the other commercial antennas still works no maintenance issues. after 2 years a much better choice, this is a good "amateur" antenna, but not up to repeater standards

N2FSU Rating: 4/5 Jul 4, 2017 06:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna but needs help but performs well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I put my CP22E antenna up as a Repeater Antenna to replace a Comet GP-9 which was damaged. I was looking for a low cost mono band antenna. For the first few months the antenna worked flawlessly. But then I noticed intermittent RX/TX problems as well as intermittent SWR changes. I took the antenna down and the first thing I noticed was the whole antenna was loose. I took it apart and saw that there was corrosion at all the joints. Using a wire brush I cleaned them up and put the antenna back together, sealed all the joints with silicone, used locktite on all the screws and put it back up. So far so good. I forgot to mention that I live in Southwest Florida where we get a lot of rain. I suggest if you live in the same type of climate you do the fixes I have.

N7QNM Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2017 13:37 Send this review to a friend
OK Performer Not OK Construction  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Put one up 30' about a year ago, as an antenna for an APRS Digi.

Performs just fine; but, yesterday, after a 52 MPH wind gust and some driving snow, I had to pick the whole top section (both pieces) out of the snow. Haven't had a chance to take down the mast yet (may not - might use a bucket truck); but from the looks of the top, the two screws holding the top to the base just worked loose. I guess it was OK for the price; but, if/when I put it back up, I'll definitely loctite and wrap the connections.

KC1ECT Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2015 17:08 Send this review to a friend
4.5 Good Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my CP22E 35ft. It hears and transmits well. I used Loctite on the screws and wrapped rubber around the connection points. The price is right for this antenna. The quality is good and this antenna should last many years. If you require a single band 2m base antenna, I recommend the CP22E!

KJ6MEV Rating: 4/5 Oct 29, 2012 18:25 Send this review to a friend
brittle, but good performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
works great. but took it down after 6 months and a screw was missing and I had to tighten everything up and put it back up. price is right
but I wish it held together better.

KJ6MEV Rating: 4/5 Sep 5, 2012 23:15 Send this review to a friend
good but weak build  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
put this up in april. it is a very good performer, putting the 1/4 wave to shame. noticed it leaning a bit so I took it down
and found screw gone and others loose. retightened and put back up. these little
sheet metal screws won't hold. gonna get some
locktite and extra lockwashers for my next repair and inspection. the whip just bends right
back...no problem. it gets really windy here.

NY2J Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2012 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put this antenna up after I outgrew modified mobiles on 6 foot tripods.....i put the cp-22e on a mast 20 feet up and you cant ask for more....i really love 2meter simplex and this antenna provides great ears....I also hit any repeater in my area.....My only recomendation , as others have said, use lock tite on the screws it takes a second and you will be glad you did. it survived a pretty poweful tropical storm/hurricane we had last august in long island. Price makes it a great deal.

AH6I Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2010 08:15 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Take it out of the box. Put it together. It's ready to go -- no tuning necessary. The antenna analyzer showed the same thing as the chart!

The only problem is the sheet metal screws for the top section previously mentioned. The aluminum tubing is VERY soft and the screws strip easily. I used pop rivets in place of the screws and it seems fine. Another possibility would be to make a small sheet steel sleeve to go inside the aluminum tubing to hold the screws. (This joint does not need to be disassembled to store the antenna.)

I've recently been looking for a good antenna for portable/emergency use. Both the Hustler G3-144 and Ringo Ranger were disappointments. The Histler has poorly fitting hardware and an SO-239 that doesn't want to take the plug. It's also difficult to get a good tune. I've previously had good luck with Ringos, but this latest one isn't tuning well and the tubing clamps are of poorer quality than previously.

The Diamond is easier to assemble, doesn't need tuning, comes in a vinyl storage bag, has performance AT LEAST equal to the others, and costs less. A no-brainer. This is the one.

K9YP Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2010 18:59 Send this review to a friend
high wind? NP!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I saw a review that said the antenna couldn't take wind. Here in Southern Illinois on May 8, 2009 we experienced a "derecho" otherwise known as an "inland hurricane."

My CP22E was mounted on a 2" schedule 40 mast about 15 feet above my 2nd story roof. It survived winds of 106 mph without being damaged. It has been up there for at least 8 years now and I still love it.

KD8JNS Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2010 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna right after Christmas and well very pleased with the assembly, only one bad thing about it is where the top element contacts it has 2 sheet metal screws that like to strip out. So i wrapped that part with tape and shook it and it stayed nice and tight... Antenna performs ALOT better then my copper j pole, even with the CP22E 5feet of the ground compared to the j pole at 50feet, the CP22E blows away the j pole... i am very satisfied with this antenna and a good base antenna to get you in to all the local repeaters with only 3 watts