Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | DSP-RTTY (Timewave) Help

Reviews Summary for DSP-RTTY (Timewave)
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: Software for operating RTTY with the Timewave DSP-599zx and DSP-59Y, and simultaneously displaying packet with a TNC.
More info: http://www.timewave.com

You can write your own review of the DSP-RTTY (Timewave).

AI6L Rating: 2/5 Nov 4, 2001 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Mediocre product , poor support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
DSP-RTTY is a program intended for the Timewave DSP-599zx or DSP-59Y, and comes with a serial cable plus a DIN cable for connection to the mic input of a transceiver. It furnishes send-receive RTTY with the DSP-599zx as well as displays a DX packet cluster via another serial connection with a TNC. It does the job adequately, at least with a PK-232 as the packet TNC. HOWEVER, my copy did not allow setting of serial port parameters: the buttons were there, but not active. Re-installation and trial on another, significantly different computer gave the same result. I sent an e-mail to product support, and after 3 weeks got a reply saying: Gee, the port buttons work for us. We don't know what to say! I immediately replied, suggesting that they should simply send me a replacement disk. That was three weeks or so ago, but no response.
The software does work with the DSP 599zx (which I love), with possibly superior decode performance, and does the packet thing with the PK-232 (which is OK). It is overpriced for its meager functions. Documentation is sparse. In light of the wretched support, I would not consider other Timewave products, such as upgrade of the PK-232 (which I had been planning).