Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4125 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4125
MFJ-4125 Reviews: 67 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $100.
Description: MFJ-4125 13.8 volts 25 amp switching power supply
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-4125

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4125.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2014 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect power supply for portable operation....works as advertised!

KD5FLN Rating: 4/5 Mar 29, 2014 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Whisper quiet?   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well that is what the advertisment says, "whisper quite fan". I wouldn't say its whisper quite but its not annoying either. I've always liked MFJ products althought they do have this "home made" look & feel about them I never had one fail on me. Currently I'm using the 4125 to pwr my Icom IC-2300h at my QTH and I can run up to full 65 watts full pwr no problem with it... Maybe later I'll be brave enough to do the resistor mod and quiet down the fan a bit, that is my only complaint...

WB4QNG Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 16:30 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this thing for 10 years. I actually got more than I expected.

W6NF Rating: 4/5 Aug 3, 2013 20:06 Send this review to a friend
Nice power supply but *very* noisy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The MFJ-4125P runs my Elecraft K3 just fine but I have two complaints. First, the cooling fan is *very* noisy. It amazes me that what I believe to be a standard muffin fan makes that much noise. The first time I ran the rig I thought the white noise that is the cooling fan was coming out of the speaker! The second complaint is that the '4125 is supposed to come with Power-Pole connectors...mine had none in the carton. Not a real big deal because I use them all the time and had some on hand. It is just disappointing that MFJ QC missed something so basic.

WB0FDJ Rating: 4/5 Jul 4, 2013 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Ok, now it's quiet!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update: I got over being lazy and did the fan mod, putting a 100 ohm resistor inline on the red power lead to the fan. The noise went from very loud to "whisper quiet" while sitting in front of me on the operating position and it still seems to move enough air. I plan to use this for my QRP and low watt rigs. Still recommend it for it's outstanding low RF noise, size and cost. Hey it's MFJ, the first thing you do when you buy their stuff is warm up the soldering iron!

VE3LFS Rating: 4/5 May 26, 2013 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Nice unit.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Agreed with most other reviews here. The unit works good and causes no RFI on any HF bands that I could see. Only things I would change is the power connectors on the front seems silly to me. And the fan is on all the time and it is a bit loud. But a simple mod should be able to fix that so I can't complain.

K1TWH Rating: 4/5 May 13, 2013 13:56 Send this review to a friend
No Hash, solid 13.8VDC  Time owned: more than 12 months
OK, the fan is noisy. I placed a 60 ohm 1W resistor in series, and the supply stays cool and the fan noise is very tolerable. No HF hash from 160 through 6M. Can't hear a single birdie, so I really didn't mind doing the mod on the fan. I dislike the main terminals being on the front panel, so between the terminals and the fan noise this supply slipped from '5' down to '4'. Tom Howey WB1FPA

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 11:38 Send this review to a friend
No Problems at all  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased eleven of these power supplies over the last few years, in the "P" version with the PowerPoles. No problems in any of the applications they are being used in: powering the all-band radio in my GoBox; powering an all-band radio at our EOC; powering radios in Go-Kits for American Red Cross Shelters; my bench supply. The fan is about as noisy as the ones in some of my desktop computers or the linear Kenwood suppply that I use with a TS2000(X).

AK4ZF Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Nice Power Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Some folks complain of the fan noise but it doesn't bother me at all. I have heard computers with more noise than this unit produces. I like the size and weight of it and it seems to put out all the power I need. I'd recommend it.

WB0FDJ Rating: 4/5 Nov 3, 2012 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Wake the dead....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great supply. No hash that I can find. Small. The fan, advertised as "whisper quiet", can probably be heard in the next county. I put on a carpeted floor, under the desk and I can still hear it with the headphones on. Might do a mod but until then it's a backup. That said it otherwise does what it's supposed to do.