Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola HT-1000 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola HT-1000
Motorola HT-1000 Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $150 - 350
Description: The Motorola HT-1000 is similar to the JT-1000, but can only be programmed with Motorola software. They have 2 or 16 channels and have many programmable operational functions. They come in several frequency ranges, the most popular are VHF-HI, UHF 402-470 MHz and UHF 450-512 MHz. The are commercial, industrial grade radios that meet FCC standards for this category of service.
More info: http://www.motorola.com

You can write your own review of the Motorola HT-1000.

VE7KTB Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2013 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have recently bought a VHF DN version of the HT1000. This radio has quickly become my go to radio for both amateur use and for work as well. 16 channels is limited, but for the city I live in it is plenty. I even had enough room for three of my work frequencies. The audio on this radio is outstanding, loud, and full.

I really do not mind the channel limitation, nor do I feel the need to reprogram it. I have my 10 most used repeaters that happen to be the most common repeaters for public service work in my area. I also have 3 simplex frequencies that are more than enough for what I need.

K5JAB Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love these radios.

I have two, VHF and UHF models. They are great for simple basic two way repeater work.

They have great audio and are built like a tank. Dropped mine several times, got it wet, ect.. and they keep working like a champ. Motorola hit a home run with the JEDI series radio and 20 years later these radios are still going strong, especially with a good used after market.

KD8NFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2011 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
For a HAM its a OK radio just because it only has 16 channels. For a Firefighter/HAM its a GREAT radio. I have a VHF (DN) Narrowband version and it works great.

KH6TA Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 11:04 Send this review to a friend
A Rugged & Great Performer!  Time owned: more than 12 months

After using these in VFD service, I acquired my first personal one to use on HAM radio VHF. It FAR surpassed any other ham HT I have ever used!

Once you get your head past the "but it only has 16 channels", you'll never own a better HT! Rx audio at full AF is clear and intelligible, Tx audio is the best I've ever heard from an amateur HT.

The HT/JT1000 portables are built like a tank, will take a beating and keep working when you need it most, unlike most ham HT's. The HT1000 gets an easy 5 out of 5 from me, and I highly recommend them! Once you use one, you'll never go back......

N4CQW Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2009 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Life SAvaer  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a volunteer firefighter / first responder and ham I love it.

We have HT-1000's and MT-2000's both and each are extremely durable radios. We have the fire fighters carry the 100's and the fire fighter /first responder carry the 2000's.

But I have dropped mine (1000 when I had it)off the back of a engine....about 12 ft. I was in a interior attack and had the flap on my radio pocket open and the pocket fill with water... the radio was immersed in water for about 15 minutes. Never missed a beat. The only down side I see is not in the radio but in the design of the speaker mic,. it's a little fragile but that's not part of the radio a option so I can't fault the radio for that. We are not nice to these radios... fire fighters are rough but these hold up very well.

73, Moe

N0FPE Rating: 3/5 Aug 11, 2009 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Ok  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes it is pretty damn near indestructable but the receiver lacks a lot. Have one and use it all the time but my Kenwood TK-270 hears a lot better.

KD6HUC Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2009 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof build  Time owned: more than 12 months
What more can I say? It's a Motorola! I do agree with the post about the hokey battery lashup, but mine has only given me a problem in theory. Super fast scan rate(almost like a scanner)and you can ragchew for an hour on high power without the radio getting more than just warm. I like the Kenwood TK's as well, but ONLY Motorola gets the attention of non radio people who always say things like, "that's a rugged looking radio", or "I'll bet you could pound nails with that!" if you can do your own programming then this radio deserves higher than a 5 rating!

N8WDL Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2008 05:56 Send this review to a friend
Great 2 meter radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Built Motorola Tough. This radio has great audio, unlike alot of 2 meter radios. You can hear this radio clear as a bell even at full audio output, it is very clear. The only drawback to this radio is that it needs to be programmed by software. If you only need 16 channels, then this radio is excellent. Simply turn it on, turn on the channel and it's ready to go. A Great (K.I.S.) radio. (Keep it Simple).

KB2FCV Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2007 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Rugged, Dependable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned my VHF HT-1000 for about a year now. As I am a Volunteer FF, we use these day in and day out. Most have since been replaced with HT-1250's but a few still roam around. These are a very rugged and dependable radio. We've had a few drop off roofs, they get wet, they get carried into burning buildings and they still work. Without question, this is a radio I would trust my life with. I can't really say that about much other radio gear.

REDCROSSMATT Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2006 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Awesom Radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased my HT1000 to use as a scanner, I decided I was in dier need of something with a ni-cad battery, It works out great for a scanner. The only thing I don't like about it is programing gets to be an expensive hassel. But oh well.