Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | Radio Shack Power /SWR Meter. Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack Power /SWR Meter.
Radio Shack Power /SWR Meter. Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $$29.95
Description: 80-10 Meter 3 range power meter and SWR bridge.

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack Power /SWR Meter..

K9RLB Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2012 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Still being sold @ $37.99  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the most accurate meter you'll get under $150. @ $37.99 you will not go wrong. It will track right with a BIRD on AVG ~ and, the best thing about it is PEP - no power source used - and keeps pretty darn accurate (you have to read the right scale, see instructions) - I'd go out on a limb and say it is about as accurate of a PEP without a power souce as you can get. Built like a tank, and although plastic, the rf section inside is metal, so no rfi / tvi leaks.

KE5HDD Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2007 16:24 Send this review to a friend
very good meter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I saw one at the local rat shack and decided to try one, I now have three, the price here has went up
to 49.99. These are good meters. Acurate and reliable. I use one between my rig and dummy load,
and one on the output of my amplifier, handles 1 kw cw with no problem, also will handle tremendous SWRs
if you a running a wire antenna. The peak reading
function of the meter is very accurate also. Its still a ateal at 50 bucks. 73, KE5HDD

XE1UFO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2004 01:28 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently got stuck in South Texas and had no SWR bridge. Picked this up at a local Radio Shack. The manager said they will no longer carry ANY ham radio stuff. It was the last one in stock. Works very well from 3.5-30 Mhz. I use it mobile and also portable. I later checked in two other Radio Shack stores. None in stock and they told me the same story: No more ham stuff at the Shack.

K4AXX Rating: 4/5 Sep 9, 2003 12:03 Send this review to a friend
2nd one's a charm  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Returned one that was not functioning properly and decided on an exchange and give it a 2nd. shot. This one seems to be OK. I would have preferred a larger meter panel (with lights of course). Also a titanium metal cabinet and maybe some gold plated knobs. But what the heck. Its $30, and its accurate.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2003 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine mostly for QRp power levels but use it for QRO as well now. The SWR/PWR meter agrees closely with my much more expensive Kenwood SW2000 meter and I use the Radio Shack meter most of the time now....go figure! HI...

73 all....

K4AXX Rating: 2/5 Sep 8, 2003 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Eh  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up one this morning. Like the last reviewer it will be going back tomorrow. While the power readings are right on, for some reason the SWR is off somewhat. With a known value of 1:1 the meter will read 1:5-1. The meter face itself is also a little small. As far as returns to RS, I have never had a problem with them.

K3VO Rating: 1/5 Feb 18, 2002 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Wish mine worked  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Per all the reviews I bought one. It works on 20 meters with my perfectly matched beam. On all the other bands it reads an SWR off the scale. In other words it is useless.
Will return it to try another one. Unfortuantly , returns are not easy at RS.

W8OB Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2002 05:49 Send this review to a friend
A REAL KEEPER  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my swr/power meter for several years now. the wattmeter is very accurate and keeps pace with a bird inline all the way up to 2 meters. this unit handles the legal limit with ease. the
only problem I ever had with this unit was about 3 years ago running legal limit in a rtty
contest after about 1 hour of constant use I noticed the readings were changing and also
amp loading was changing a bit. I gave it a rest to cool down and it was as good as new.
I agree for the price this is the best kept secret in ham radio. get one you wont be sorry

WB7QXU Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2002 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Can't beat it for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use one in my car, it is a great mobile meter, it also can handle power fine, I use a mobile amp, and It is nice to be able to monitor the SWR/PWR, it is pretty close on power out, and excellant on SWR, Really for the price it is a Well Guarded secret. Especially from Radio Shack, of all places. I have compared mine with my Drake MN2000, and MFJ Differental T tunner, and a Heathkit HM102. and Diawa meters. IT is faily close. so if your just monitoring something it is great, Not good as a Test meter. but great for tunning up with.

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2002 23:54 Send this review to a friend
It is about time credit due!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three of these units (part#21-534) and sent one to VU2WAP. These are the best kept secret in ham radio- I've tried to blow them up- without success by forgetting to change meter settings etc.......They take a licking and keep on ticking- I have them set up on my main rig, and use them to measure power dumped by my 4 SQR arrays off Comtek power dump ports- Very pleased with their performance and durability-