Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber Help

Reviews Summary for Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber
Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $8 -$12 depending on size
Description: Super-effective cleaner/degreaser in a high pressure spray can.
More info: http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

You can write your own review of the Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber.

WA2ASB Rating: 4/5 Mar 4, 2013 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Not for Powder Coatings  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a good cleaner, but don't get it on anything that is painted. I had a Henry Survivor Rifle and the Gun Scrubber took the powder coating off and essentially destroyed it. Fortunately, Henry replaced it at no cost to me, but I learned my lesson. (I also bought two more Henry rifles - fantastic customer support).

K2UE Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2012 12:03 Send this review to a friend
OK for PCB's now!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This product has been reformulated to combine the original and plastic-safe versions, so it is now safe for things like PCB cleaning. Used it for years on my guns, and now I alsways have a can in the hamshack too.

KC8TEP Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2002 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Works well but watch out!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It definitely cleans and degreases brilliantly, but beware - it dissolves plastics - be sure to wipe it off immediately!

W5KP Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2001 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Best degreaser/solvent I've seen  Time owned: more than 12 months
This stuff deserves a place right beside Caig DeOxit on the radio restoration/repair workbench. Available at most gun shops. I've used it for years, it cleans and degreases instantly and totally. Relube immediately to prevent rust if required, this stuff even sucks grease and oil from metal surface pores, and bare steel will begin to rust right away after use. Use outdoors ONLY, follow safety instructions on can carefully. I believe this is equivalent to (or might even be) 1,1,1 Trichloroethane, which is not good to breathe. The only legal product I've seen that is equal in cleaning/degreasing power to the old outlawed Carbon Tet.