Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ 124 Radio Controlled Atomic Desk Clock Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 124 Radio Controlled Atomic Desk Clock
MFJ 124 Radio Controlled Atomic Desk Clock Reviews: 6 Average rating: 1.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: LCD Atomic Desk Clock

You can write your own review of the MFJ 124 Radio Controlled Atomic Desk Clock.

KB5OK Rating: 0/5 Jun 23, 2011 13:23 Send this review to a friend
JUNK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Most MFJ products are JUNK, and this is no exception. I should have known better than to trust them again.I bought a 40/80 combo wire antenna from them, & couldn't use it on 40 or 80, ended up in the trash. Well, this clock will not keep time & it will not receive the signal from WWV to re-set it's self, so it is useless to me. I bought a SONY clock & set it right beside the MFJ & it receives the signal & keeps perfect time. Sinse the MFJ isn't heavy enough for a paper weight, it has been thrown into the trash. I am thankful I bought my Ameritron
AL 80B amp before MFJ acquired them because Ameritron will be JUNK before too long. I also purchased a MFJ large watt/swr meter & it was JUNK. Stay away from this company if at all possible. If you need an excellent wire antenna, try a Buckmaster, you will thank me.

KB4QLZ Rating: 0/5 Nov 4, 2004 18:54 Send this review to a friend
What time is it????  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waste of $$$$$. My Casio atomic wrist watch picks up the signal fine, the MFJ clock is always searching for it, and can never find it. I found a new home for the clock. The trash. Save your money.

Mark

WB4M Rating: 4/5 Jul 8, 2002 01:16 Send this review to a friend
No problems with mine  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had the124 model Atomic Clock from MFJ for several months now. While other reviews complain about no signal on the East coast, I have never had a problem with mine not locking onto a signal. (QTH is central NC)
I also have a program on my computer that automatically syncs when I first get on the internet, and the 124 clock always is the same as the computers clock, down to the second.
The reason I give it a 4 instead of a 5 -- I wanted a clock to show UTC, not local time, and although this clock will display 12/24 hour time formats, it will not show UTC. Well, it will, until it syncs with WWV and then it reverts to local time. If there is way for it to show UTC and not revert to local time, the instruction leaflet does not tell how, and the instructions leave a little to be desired. Otherwise, I have found it to be a nice looking, very accurate clock.

KG4PTM Rating: 3/5 Jul 8, 2002 00:29 Send this review to a friend
So So Atomic Clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the MFJ 124 at the Dayton Hamvention. All of the display models throughout the convention picked up the time signal no problem. (Perhaps MFJ installed a transmitter in their storage van outside). However, upon returning home to Kentucky, elevation of 700 feet or so, I could not get a lock outside or inside, but I do get a sporadic signal lock, once every 4 to 6 days at best. Thus, at least it occasionally gets a signal. In between, the clock keeps accurate time, I have it sitting next to the computer and have the computer synched, and the time is always correct, to the second. So, either 1), it's getting a signal more than I realize, as I have not noticed a quartz time shift, or 2), I get a signal once every 4 to 6 days as I theorize, and there are no quartz timeclock problems with my unit as mentioned eariler.

W6MKA Rating: 1/5 Feb 27, 2002 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Good Clock for Colorado!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Here on the east coast @0200 UTC (when the clock does it's daily lock and delta adjust) the conditions to WWVB must be non-existant. If I set the clock for local time then 0200 EST seems to work much better. But I bought the clock to have a UTC time piece and this defeats the purpose. When the clok does not lock and update, the quartz? movement runs away. Up to 20 minutes fast in a 24 hour period. What a waste of money. I took the one battery out for the time and use it as a humidity and temperature display!! Maybe the antenna needs to be re designed, as what it has now is very very poor. Like the previous reviewer said "It doesn't work inside or outside."

VE3HI Rating: 0/5 Nov 13, 2001 17:31 Send this review to a friend
Crap.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Instructions confusing at best.
Would not lock onto time signal either inside or outside of the house.
Crap. (And that's being kind)
Why do I keep punishing myself by purchasing MFJ products?