Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Icom PS-125 Help

Reviews Summary for Icom PS-125
Icom PS-125 Reviews: 81 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: This is a 25 amp continous and 30 amp peak power supply. It was built to match the Icom IC756 PRo and PRo 2

You can write your own review of the Icom PS-125.

VK3RX Rating: 4/5 Sep 23, 2014 02:19 Send this review to a friend
Good but could be better.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a PS126 that I've done the OZ1DB mod to so it runs at low level continuously, rather than roar into life every few minute like it used to. Recently the fan has started screeching for a minute or so on power up. At the moment I've cured that by turning the PS126 on its side. Looks like I'll have to pick up one of the Mouser replacements.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2014 22:14 Send this review to a friend
Flawless...  Time owned: more than 12 months
This came with my Icom 746 Pro purchased in 2008 and has worked perfectly since. Noise not a factor to me, the fan is heard but barely. A power supply that is not too large and works as it should. What more can you ask for?

W5WSS Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2014 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Nice Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I acquired mine at a ham festival for $100 though I agree that the price is expensive when purchased new. The quality and performance is excellent with quiet stable DC power to spare for my IC-718. The configuration option is nice although I do not need to make it match dimensions. I have been using the supply with the IC-718 since 2008 with flawless service.

DAVEW5LP Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2013 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great power supply. A little pricy but mine has lasted a long time with no failures. Fan noise is not nor has ever been an issue; hardly ever notice it.

PE1RTC Rating: 3/5 Dec 17, 2011 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Too noisy for the money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have used one with an Icom 756 pro. It works well, with no spikes on shortwave, as some power supplies of the switching type do. But in my opinion the fan is too noisy. I've selled it and bought an SPA-8230. You don't hear the fan, no spikes and i can get 3 of these supplies for the price of one PS-125.

WA5KPE Rating: 0/5 Aug 22, 2011 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Get an Alinco  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got the PS-125 "free" with my IC-756ProIII as part of the closeout deal. I am glad I did not pay for it. The fan was loud from the beginning and started screeching after about three months. I just set it aside and forgot about it. I hooked up my long time Alinco DM-330MV which is silent. I found the PS-125 the other day and decided to replace the fan with one with the same part number and specifications from Mouser. This fan is just as loud as the original but it does not screech. The PS-125 fan is much louder than my ProIII fan cooing a hot radio. The noise is a deal killer because I often operate psk in the family room with other family members present.

PY1FR Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2011 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Silently and without EMI  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although some friends reporting problems of fan noise from PS-125, I did not present this problem. The fan kicks in quite silent. Also have not noticed any problems related to EMI. I just think its pretty high price so I rate 4.

W3DBB Rating: 1/5 Feb 3, 2011 07:30 Send this review to a friend
not recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
Every now and then one of these comes my way for repair. They're worth just about what most people pay for them. Stick with the Astron linear regulated types. About the only things these switchers have going for them is light weight and low cost. Except, did you ever see what Icom wants for a PS-125 straight out? An inflated list price meant to convey the impression of value when the p/s is included in the price of a new transceiver. The PS-125 is equal parts switching power supply and marketing device.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2011 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Too mucho $$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with previous review, it works FB but way too expensive for a switching 12v supply these days.....mine came with 746Pro "free" -- ahuh....my only techie complaint is fan noise when running.

Cheers All!

WX4O Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2011 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
4.5. Too expensive, but my free one with a Pro III worked perfectly for 3 years until I sold it.