Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Create RC5 Series Help

Reviews Summary for Create RC5 Series
Create RC5 Series Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: r4c
More info: http://www.cd-corp.com/english/a3_eng.html

You can write your own review of the Create RC5 Series.

PA3CEV Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2017 02:13 Send this review to a friend
RC5 Reliable for many years  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first review on this rotator was in 2006. My first RC5A-p is many years in use and still rotating a big stack of yagis, the second one is in use since 2 years and I just got the third one. The fourth one is a ERC51 elevation rotator. These rotators have an almost indestructible rugged steel gear and are extremely reliable. With a worm wheel gear you don't need a brake. Before I got the Creates I had two Kenpro (now Yaesu) mechanical failures in my towers. These have brakes sized like a paperclip which will fail at some point. There's no problem getting parts but U never needed them.

G0OIL Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Keeps going  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had an RC5B3 turning a 4 element 20m/2 ele 40m quad for several years then a Force12 520/240 since 1999. It's performed flawlessly. The quad ate tail twisters for breakfast and the Yaesu/Kenpro plastic/monkeymetal failed also.

I had a problem when the tower came down but Create were really polite and helpful and got me the parts from Japan. I now need a control cable plug, so let's hope that they're still around.

In short, this small rotor turned my BIG beams in the windy Trent Valley, never let me down. Long may it continue

ON7WP Rating: 2/5 Feb 6, 2014 10:05 Send this review to a friend
unreliable crap  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two identical RC5 rotators, second large unit.

Both went defective, bothe the same error. Driver transistor of the servo motor of the indicator shorted out. Not so bad if it wasn't ruining the whole toothweel mechanics.

Potmeter has virtually no spare running room, so slight wrong placement ruins the 25 euro original spare part (that does even not fit properly) instantanious.

I had one up for 8 years with no trouble, then blew the transistor, Second brand new unit only lasted one year. Not service friendly. Rotator itself has good mechanics.

Interface connector and adaptation is crap. adding remote board altres scale by 5%, no buffer of potmeter voltage. Series resistor in this line ruines performance of all low input T control boards.

Conclusion: far too expensive for what it is, price rise of 1000% in 10 years time, still the same crap same bugs. But there are no better, as yeasu is also plastic crap....

Pedro C5WP-ON7WP-AA9HX

VE3VGI Rating: 4/5 Oct 9, 2012 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Time owned 24 months  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's is a good unit, but did experienced a problem, that cause the controller indicator to take of at high speed, turned out to be a dirty speed pot, in the controller.

PE1CZG Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2012 15:13 Send this review to a friend
And another 3 years later  Time owned: more than 12 months
See my first review on the Create RC5-1. Three years later and 2 bigger antenna's installed, this rotator keeps on moving and moving and...Never had any problem so far except the transistors as mentioned in my first review. Absolute worth the money!

73's Ger PE1CZG

PA3CEV Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Top!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Five (!) years after my last review on this rotator I am still extremely satisfied with my Create. It keeps on turning.

Spareparts available, but then again, never needed them.

W8CM Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2010 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Rotator  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a RC5B3 model rotating a M2 8el Log Periodic for 12 years. This is a very strong, capable rotator. I recently had to service the plastic potentiometer gear on the main drive shaft. The factory in Japan was very responsive and helpful, providing the needed spare gear set very quickly. They can be contacted at www.cd-corp.com/english/index.html and then using the "contact" email link. Also, these rotators are still sold in europe via the well known www.ukw-berichte.de so service parts are available from them as well. Too bad that the USA dealer went out of business (Electronic Equipment Bank, EEB, in Virginia) and this fine rotator is no longer sold in the USA.

DL1AKP Rating: 0/5 Jan 14, 2009 09:08 Send this review to a friend
mostly broken...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got that Type of rotor from a ham in nearly new condition and put my 3el-yagi on it. After 1 month in use I had to get it fixed, costs 80,-EUROs.
Now 11 months later it's broken again - first tests show the fault in the rotator unit AND controler!!
THE WORST WASTE OF MONEY EVER IN HAM RADIO!!!
Would never buy that awefull thing again!!!
The workmanship is therible, too: The transformer is humming hard and the maintanance of the controller is just terrible! Get your fingers off and buy a good rotator!
Andy, DL1AKP

KI4SVY Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2008 05:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently found one of these used. The performance is over the top. This is a very strong Rotator. All the gears are steel not
aluminum as so many other.

Find you one, you will not be sorry for the investment

KM1H Rating: 1/5 Jun 6, 2007 12:15 Send this review to a friend
No support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought 2 of the RC5A-3 in 1987 and 88 from Orion Systems in CA. They later introduced their own rotators, the OR-2300 and OR-2800 as they felt that the Create left a lot to be desired.

After about 5 years both failed from water getting into the housings. I replaced them with a OR-2300 and T2X and sort of forgot about them.

Now I'd like to resurrect them and need some parts but support seems to be zero. I cant even find a current address or email contact in Japan.

What I need is the plastic gears inside the housing; one for the position pot and the other on the main shaft. Also need one motor and one bottom housing.

Any help will be appreciated