Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Trylon - Titan Free Standing Help

Reviews Summary for Trylon - Titan Free Standing
Trylon - Titan Free Standing Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: freestanding towers in heights from 24 feet to 96 feet
More info: http://www.trylon.com/

You can write your own review of the Trylon - Titan Free Standing.

N4MWY Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2007 10:00 Send this review to a friend
great tower!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 56 foot model.

It has been totally without problems, works great and looks great. Costs more that the Rohn 25G that is more common among hams but it is free standing and it is worth more to have no guy wires.

Herman
n4mwy

VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2006 02:43 Send this review to a friend
Very well built  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently have a T300 and am looking to increase the height in the near future.

These towers are overbuilt and very strong. The design has been around for a long time. Grade 5 bolts are used which is much stronger than rivets or welds. If a cross member is damaged it can be easily ordered and replaced.

Although I have the T300 model I would recommend a T400 or larger as they have more space to accommodate a rotator.

These towers are heavily used for commercial applications.

VE6XL
www.ve6xl.ca

W5FH Rating: 3/5 Jun 6, 2005 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Somewhat Disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the T500-72 and it has been up for over 2 years near the Texas gulf coast.My buying experience was a little upsetting.The 2 main detriments to me were the surprisingly thin upper sections and the fact that the tower is fabricated from pre-galvanized sheet steel rather than hot dipped after fabrication.Plus, only a portion of the hardware is hot dipped. The problem was that my dealer {in Canada} told me the tower and all hardware were hot dipped {like Rohn}.I ended up having all hot dipped here locally, but it required getting the factory involved.The folks at Trylon were very nice and resolved my issues with the dealer. Plus, I felt the tower strength was exaggerated by my dealer. This self supporter is not heavy duty when going above 64'.I feel a little uncomfortable when working in the upper part of this tower, esp. handling any weight, while standing on a flexing crossmember that has only 1/4" bolts holding it, one each end.Another surprise was the thin .063" rotor and bearing shelves.I really wished I could have looked at one locally first, at the time the nearest one was about 5 hours away.The workmanship on the tower was excellent : all bolt holes lined up perfectly, all angles and bends went right together.To sum it up : I was looking for a heavy duty 72' self supporter to stack several long yagis on.I installed a concrete foundation fitting for such, but I am disappointed that the tower is not as described to me by the dealer.

KG4EHV Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2004 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got my T-500/48 up after over 2 years of start and stop. This thing is built like a tank. All holes lined up and went together with ease. Have one HF beam on it and going to put one more.

N0RQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2002 09:53 Send this review to a friend
works as advertised  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a Trylon T600 - 64' from Texas Towers, which is the first real tower I've ever had. It is supporting modest-sized HF and 6m beams (12 sq. ft. total). If you don't overload it and put it up properly, I don't see why you'd have a problem with it.

Rather than try to explain everything here, I created a Tower Project page that might be helpful if you're thinking about a Trylon or something similar. Please see http://www.qsl.net/n0rq/ . It has pictures and (hopefully) helpful comments.

W6TVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2000 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Tower has handled 119mph winds without a wimper!  Time owned: unknown months
I currently have the T-600 Trylon 64' tower on top of a very windy hill.QTH is in the high desert
northeast of Reno.I've got a M2 5ele 20- 46' bm at 65'.We have winds in the 50-70mph at least
2-3 times a month and have recorded winds in the 90-100+ at least 4-5 times this winter with
the high of 119. The tower didn't budge, I'm buying 3 more, 2-64's and a 56'.Easy to put together
Shipping costs from Canada $$$$.Excellent service from Champion, their US Dealer.

K9TM Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 1999 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Very Heavy-Duty Tower  Time owned: unknown months
These towers are great! I wanted something robust. Something that I would not have to worry about and this is it! I purchased the T600-64' and have 12' mast out the top with a KT34XA & Cushcraft 2 el 40m beam and another XA hanging off the side at 32'.

No guy wires cluttering up the yard. Since I live in town this is very important. The wind loading numbers are excellent.

The tower has been up for one year now and I am still a VERY satisfied customer and recommend the tower to anyone looking for a free standing tower.