Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Jameco Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Jameco Electronics
Jameco Electronics Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Competitive prices and very prompt delivery. Mail ordered and received the same week.
More info: http://www.jameco.com

You can write your own review of the Jameco Electronics.

KG5BV Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 19:20 Send this review to a friend
The #1 parts supplier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered everything from a thousand 2N2222 transistors to 10 resistors, and they never fail. Sure, there are other joints with the same parts, but Jameco can almost always beat their prices. Anyone that has spent time in the electronics or ham radio arena know these people. Give them a try.

N7RC Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2011 20:50 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely none problems  Time owned: months
About time for another comment about Jameco - have been ordering parts from them on line for the past three years - they tell you how many or the item is available - when will be shipped and yoour receive an email immediately confirming. And next day delivery (UPS) is the usual . Nice to also be in California. If they have something you need - you will get it pronto !

KF4LYU Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2008 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Jameco for ordering part,ect for my elctronics shop for about 7 years now and have never had any type of problem whatsoever, I have never used their website for ordering, instead, i called all of my orders in.

they have the best prices i have found on most parts i use, so i will defenitly be doing more business with them.

W1ITT Rating: 1/5 Feb 26, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
not too swift  Time owned: more than 12 months
I placed an order for about $100 at the end of January. Today, February 26 I still don't have it. That's medieval and archaic service. I had to email "customer service" for them to tell me that there was going to be a further delay. (They emailed the initial order confirmation, so they had my address.) If they are going to be glacially slow with order fulfillment, they could at least take a bit of customer care and email updates. The wonderful thing about the American free enterprise system is that we have other choices, and you can bet that I will choose otherwise in the future.

NT3G Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2007 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Always a pleasure!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Website catalog lets you know about shipping issues, if any, and whether item is in stock BEFORE you order. I've placed several orders (very small quantities of many different parts) with them and each was executed perfectly and quickly, and their prices frequently beat the competition. Documentation, communication and attitude are great.

Hope they stay this good as they grow larger.

KI6AZY Rating: 1/5 Nov 6, 2006 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Poor shipping policies  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jameco's shipping policies are a rip-off. I placed a order which they, without notifying me, shipped from two locations. Since I specified Fed-Ex, I was charged a separate Fed-Ex charge on each piece of the order. In addition, each actual Fed-Ex charge on my bill was almost twice the $ amount they said it would be in their shipping guide. After three calls to them, they adjusted this, but they would not adjust the double shipment charges... they just said "That is our policy".

W4AAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2004 01:10 Send this review to a friend
One of the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I placed my most recent order, about 45 different items, on December 10, 2003 (note: during the “busy” holiday season), via Internet and phone (see below).

An order confirmation email arrived soon after, explaining how to check on order status. That evening I received a second email saying the order had been shipped! Included was UPS tracking information. Now, that’s fast!

One caveat about the Jameco web site ordering system. There is currently a problem (which I have reported to Jameco) with the way the shopping cart calculates certain extended prices. A number of Jameco parts are unit priced out to tenths of a cent (e.g. $0.035 each for quantities of 100 or more). The shopping cart, however, has only two positions available to the right of the decimal point and so rounds up the unit price to the next whole cent before multiplying by quantity. Hence, a unit price of 0.035 becomes 0.04, and total price becomes $4.00 instead of $3.50.

It was easy to get around this by calling the order line to add these items. Their system does it correctly.

Excellent in-stock performance; friendly, helpful personnel; FAST delivery.

KB0KOQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2002 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Top Drawer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I began ordering electronic supplier's catalogs from their websites, The JameCo catalog got here first. That's a big plus.

The other big plus for Jameco, is that they operate their phone ORDER line, 24 hours a day/7 days a week/ 365 days a year. I like that. It seems I'm always wanting stuff at 4 AM, 9 PM, and on holidays. Jameco staff is friendly and helpful.

K9PL Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2001 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Competitive prices and quick delivery  Time owned: more than 12 months
Breadth of product line, constantly updated catalog, competitive pricing and very prompt delivery.