Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | BullDog mini-paddles Help

Reviews Summary for BullDog mini-paddles
BullDog mini-paddles Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: a lightweight Iambic key for your portable operations.
More info: http://www.qth.com/w9xt/bulldog.html

You can write your own review of the BullDog mini-paddles.

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Backpackers delight  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I notice there are no new reviews of this paddle since 2007, and a common complaint was the suction cups.
Mine arrived last week and the suction cups are gone!

My new model is fixed to it a powerful magnet, and a large
iron washer has been included to help establish a stable base.

I didn't need to adjust the paddle spacing at all. It fits my
style of sending perfectly.

This is a great paddle: light, tiny,and compatible with either a
light touch or a heavy handed style. The attached cable is
secure and out of the way of your sending hand.

I like it!

KY9P Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2007 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Very Good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the money, they can't be beat! I've heard alot of negative comments regarding the suction cups not sticking, but mine came with some Dap BlueStick reusable adhesive. I used the ble adhesive to afix the suction cups to an old, but heavy trophy base. No movement or sliding of the Bull Dog now! Their small size makes them great for travel and use with today's rigs internal keyers. I may just get another set!!!

W8ZNX Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2006 14:09 Send this review to a friend
not for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
bought new years ago at Dayton
thought it might make a good
key for camping and portable work
suction cups will not stay stuck
even after spiting on them "yuck"

some others may like the Bull Dog paddles
I find this key, to be quite unuseable

mac

KG0WX Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2004 23:45 Send this review to a friend
Why did'nt I think of this?  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first saw this in QST I thought it was a joke. Then I ordered one (suction cup mount). Hooked it up to my 817 and set my keyer to 25wpm thinking "no way". It worked! What's more it feels great! I adjusted the spacing and tension for a light feel and am really happy with it. It comes with this blue tacky putty and you really need it as the suction cups won't stick without it. This key feels so good I have to concentrate on keeping my speed down or I'll be doing 35 wpm. Nice!

N5VWN Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2003 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Best paddle I've ever owned.  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's a bit delicate looking, but I've used it a lot over the year and I love it! Perfect for travel. It's in my car right now next to my 817. I use the magnetic one. Got it stuck to a metal clip and put it on the top of the note pad. I thought it would break by now. It's got the lightest touch of anything I've ever used and now I prefer that.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2003 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Very nice and cute too  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked mine up at Dayton 2003 to install in my truck just in front of the arm rest. I got the magnetic base version. It comes with a large "fender washer" for the magnet to stick to. I drilled three small holes in the washer and put three finishing nails down through the holes and into the cloth seat. The key has a very nice feel to it and it is so simple. You could make one if you wanted. It has worked very well so far, no problems and like I said, a nice feel for something so small. How long it will last, I don't know. for the price, heck. I would buy another one. Great backpack key too. Try it, you'll like it.

Bob WC3O