Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Dan's Small Parts and Kits Help

Reviews Summary for Dan's Small Parts and Kits
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Lots of the types of parts useful to radio homebrewers. Also stocks some inexpensive kits useful to the QRPer.
More info: http://www.fix.net/dans.html

You can write your own review of the Dan's Small Parts and Kits.

N5LB Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2016 19:15 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Supplier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first experience with Dan's and found his service reliable and fast enough for my needs. He has many unique parts at very fair prices.

Since I have had many issues with USPS losing small packages I called to inquire. Dan was cordial and helpful not to mention an interesting chat. I hope Dan's stays around for a long time.

K1EAR Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Fine, old-fashioned service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Agree with previous reviewer. Some years ago bought a Modified Cubic-Incher xmtr kit from Dan, and later needed replacement parts for same. Everything arrived promptly and as described; Dan seemed eager to help me get rig back on the air. Highly recommended...

KG5BV Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2015 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Too good to be true!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
***DON'T*** order stuff from Dan! That will leave more for me he-he-he! Seriously, Dan has the old stuff I remember as a young man, but can't get anymore. And if you want the latest SMD parts, he has those too. Old style website? Yeah. No credit card support. Yeah. But forget all that! When you get the box-o-stuff in the mail, you know it was worth it! Wow! I can't wait to reorder!

KK1VT Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2015 08:57 Send this review to a friend
My first stop when shopping for components  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been purchasing from Dan's Small Parts and Kits for over 15 years. I usually build from scratch, not kits, so his selection always meets my needs. Yes his website is basic but it works for me. As you age you are less in a hurry....I always pay via snail mail and a personal check. Dan has always been great to do business with.

KK1VT/QRP

N7JS Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2011 21:57 Send this review to a friend
Great prices, great selection  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great prices and always good selection across the board. The website and ordering process is a bit archaic for the times so takes a bit more time...worth it in my opinion however.

AJ4UC Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2010 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfied!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently place a fairly good size order for parts I plan to use to homebrew some QRP transceivers. The order was filled very quickly and accurately. The prices were an exceptionally good value. Dan's will definitely be the first place I look for any additional parts I may need.

AK2B Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2010 09:08 Send this review to a friend
iDan's flea market  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dan's Small Parts and Kits is the on-line equivalent of a flea market with rows and rows of goodies that you pass on your way down one aisle trying to remember what was where, when you finally decide what it is you want to buy. You may have started with a shopping list but some of the items might not be there when you arrive, but then, other items you hadn't expected are there.
I saved a copy of the order form in Word format that I use when I'm browsing about, jotting down items to buy. It's a little awkward at first, but after a couple of purchases you get the hang of it. Dan's isn't your typical slicked up on-line parts store with shopping carts and multi-page forms to fill out to confirm your purchase. It also doesn't take what seems like hours to go from one page to the next. The catalogue is truly HTML in it's simplest form :). Despite being a bit internet primitive, I like shopping at Danís. I have picked up some real bargains over the years.
If you are a homebrewer, Danís is definitely a place you need to know about.

KF6GOM Rating: 0/5 Sep 6, 2009 21:46 Send this review to a friend
sorry its 2009 not 1967  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
web site is horriable large fonts and small graphics
bright colors remind me of a acid trip of 1967
fine print and postal money orders forget it ill go to Mouser fast , simple, common pay methods

sorry no deal here

KI4YZE Rating: 2/5 Sep 5, 2009 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Not real good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
His website is very hard to navigate with the same items appearing under different headings. It is very hard to determine if he has in stock what is listed. Prices seem very good as well as the selection. I took about 4 or 5 hours over several days and wrote out an order for around $200 worth of parts, very tedious and time consuming. Put my check with the order in the mail and waited and waited and waited. Finally after about 4 weeks of waiting I got an envelpoe from Dan's Small Parts - I thought thats odd an envelope?? I opened the envelope and there was my check with my order with a hand written note that said I need to read his terms more carefully. I had mistankenly thought that if you ordered $150 or more the shipping was free (I went back and read it and it did say free shipping with orders over $150 but apparently not the order I had palced). It wasn't - it would have been nice if he had processed my order and maybe called me or dropped me an email saying the order was ready and I needed to pay for the shipping, but no. Needless to say I never sent the order back in and won't be ordering anything anytime soon, sorry Dan.

NS5U Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2009 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Great service hard to find parts  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dan seems to be back in full swing. I mailed the order it came accurately.