Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Amidon Associates Help

Reviews Summary for Amidon Associates
Amidon Associates Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Mostly chokes, transformers and cores.
More info: http://www.amidoncorp.com

You can write your own review of the Amidon Associates.

WA3ETD Rating: 1/5 Jul 10, 2014 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Beware Handling Charges  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received a very small order from them - less than a pound and shipped in a small USPS flat-rate box, which costs about $5.50. I was billed $9 from Amidon for S&H...came out to about 10% "handling".

This is the second time, and will be the last time I am ripped off by them...be aware when ordering from them that the hidden costs are significant.

N3QE Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2008 05:57 Send this review to a friend
The source for all toroids!  Time owned: months
Actually, not just the source for all toroids, but magnet wire, ferrite rods, lots of inductors/transformers/baluns, etc.

Their website is functional but not awfully informative. They have a "tech data flyer" but for some reason it's not published on the web, you have to order it and it comes by mail.
After you get it, don't lose it! Some of the numbers are tabulated on the website but not in any real convenient way. Other websites that sell Amidon stuff (e.g. Universal Radio) have websites with tables that are moderately useful.

My only complaint, being on the East Coast, is that from ordering to processing to shipping to delivery (UPS ground) is about 3 weeks on my orders. Not excessively long... but not lightning fast. I suspect it'd be at least a week less if I was on the Left Coast. I just stock up!

KG4LAC Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Quick  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ordered several toroid coils. Quickly shipped. Accurate.
Website indicates to call for ham pricing. I did, but pricing was the same as on the web. Looked recently and I didn't see the ham pricing item.