Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Far Circuits Help

Reviews Summary for Far Circuits
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: They have boards in stock for most of the Ham projects published in QST, QEX, ARRL Handbook, the old Ham Radio, 73's, Amateur Radio Today, CQ, WIFB Designer Notebooks, Popular Electronics, QRPp, QRP Notebook, Communications Quarterly, Electronics Now, and others. FAR Circuits will supply, upon request, a copy of the referenced publication article for $1.50 each in addition to PC board cost.
More info: http://www.farcircuits.net

You can write your own review of the Far Circuits.

W9BBB Rating: 4/5 Jan 9, 2012 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Fred's boards  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built many of boards from Fred. Never had any problems with the boards. It was the builder problem.

K4DSB Rating: 4/5 Jan 9, 2012 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Good quality boards BUT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
With many of these boards if you do not have the article, or FAR doesn't have a reprint you might have to do alot of pad tracing to get all the parts in correctly.. FAR is not a kit producer, they are a circuit board producer with boards produced by individuals who had the time to do board layout. and many not silk screened with part location.. this still beats hand wiring by a mile. It means alittle more experience from the builder... I have built a few of their boards and was happy with the results!

KC2YXU Rating: 0/5 Dec 22, 2010 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Will not buy again!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered the "MicroT2 SSB Transmitter By Campbell" and when I got the board, it had no markings on it and didn't come with a part layout diagram. The board didn't match any layout diagrams I could find on the internet, and when I emailed Fred about a part layout, he sent me an email that said I could buy the "FAR Circuits CD" for $8.50. When I got the CD, it didn't have the part layout on it or even any article having anything to do with the board. When I emailed Fred about this, he said he would look for a part layout for the board. About 2 days later he said that he couldn't find the layout. Then when I tried to find where each component should go by following the schematic, it didn't have space for all the parts. The schematic showed 5 ics in 8-Pin Dip packages, but the board only had 1 8-pin dip and a 16 pin and a 18 pin dip.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 0/5 Mar 31, 2010 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Stay far  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried the dds board from Far Circuit. Instructions were far from clear. Board quality was far from the expected. The project was far from cheap to get all the parts and very far from working. No doubt I will stay far from Far Circuits.

KD8MQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2010 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent customer service!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I realized 11 months after purchase that I had an issue with a pic controller IC included with the VE2EMM v3.2 controller.
I e-mailed Fred, and he quickly e-mailed the correct hex file, so I could finish my project.
I have no doubt that I will buy from him again.

KO4NR Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2002 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Prototype Boards  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have found Fred at FAR Circuits great to deal with. In addition his products have all been excellent in quality. I do a lot of project work at home, mostly on Linear Amplifiers, and seem to always need a new circuit put together. I'm not a fan of "ugly" construction so I went to Fred. Fred has taken my schematics and ideas and made up boards for me to try out. He has been very patient with me as I have to have it just right. As an example Fred produced like for like replacement boards for my old Dentron GLA-1000 and GLA-1000B amplifiers after I sent him the old ones. After I decided to convert the Dentron's to the Russina Svetlana Sweep Tubes (EL-509) Fred helped to redesign the RF and Power Supply boards to incorporate my changes. He then made up new boards for me. He stuck right by me unit we got them right!!
Project Boards Fred has made for me:
1. Dentron GLA-1000 series RF and Power Supply amplifier boards
2. High Voltage Power Supply Boards (two types)
3. Tuning Pulser for Linear Amplifiers