Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Ocean State Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Ocean State Electronics
Ocean State Electronics Reviews: 59 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Radio Parts, Books, Kits, Tools, etc.
More info: http://www.oselectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Ocean State Electronics.

N0RWW Rating: 0/5 Apr 7, 2010 23:53 Send this review to a friend
Looks like they're gone  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was tossing old email, and stumbled across my order to Ocean State from September 2009 for some chassis punches and some miscellaneous parts. Never got the order. So I went over to the website: it's an ISP placeholder right now. Looks like Ocean State Electronics is gone. They kept the order site open even after stopping operations. If they're going to be that sloppy, maybe they should have gone out of business a long time ago. Pity, they had reasonably priced tools and parts.

AA4W Rating: 1/5 Oct 6, 2009 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Update to my previous post  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A week has passed since my last post. I sent another Email to OSE to request "Order Status', per their web site. No response. And only a busy signal on their phone.

OSE charged my credit card on 7 September. Today, 6 October I received my billing statement. I contacted the credit card company and they agreed that I DID have a reason to dispute the charge.

I'm wondering if OSE will answer the phone for them?

I see that there is now a statement posted on the OSE web page commenting on the economy, their hasrdships, etc. I hope they do get things straightened out.

Just not with my $$.

AA4W

WA8QCA Rating: 0/5 Aug 9, 2009 20:30 Send this review to a friend
failure to ship items  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
placed an order for some toroids and other small parts 5/16/09. an email end of june received a response stating parts were on back-order with their supplier. 4 emails since then met with no reply.

their site has a number of unusual items and prices are ok, but...

W6RVB Rating: 0/5 Jun 28, 2009 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Terrible  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Placed an order in April.
One e mail response - on backorder.
No response to further requests.
Too bad - they carry products not easily
found anywhere else. I would not waste
my time with this entity.

JPHUTCH60BJ Rating: 0/5 Jun 18, 2009 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Not responding -  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have attempted to place 2 orders with instructions to ship what you got. (Read the fine print). Sent numerous Emails asking about the status of my orders, with no response. Phone line is mysteriously busy during business hours. Able to get a phone connection after hours, message to call back. I'm Just about to write the RI Attorney General. This has not happened before. The lack of response gives pause, wonder what is up? (Maybe they need some stimulus employees).

LA2QR Rating: 0/5 May 16, 2009 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Lousy service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I placed an order from them two months ago and have never heard from them since. What else is new. At least they haven't cashed my payment.

It's a shame though, their products are great for hamradio.

BTW. I placed an order from Mouser. Two days later I had the shipment delivered on my door. Great!

WA0TFB Rating: 0/5 May 8, 2009 00:45 Send this review to a friend
Try Someplace Else  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Order parts - some items back ordered, one item missing. They didn't ship the missing item, and never shipped the back ordered items. Doesn't respond to e-mail.

W1EUJ Rating: 0/5 Feb 3, 2009 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Go Out of Business Already!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I see reviews here from folks saying that the negative reviews are from the grumpy and terminally negative. I'm sorry - this is not the case. You were lucky, that is all.

I've ordered parts from them over the years. I don't know what happened over the last 5 years or so, but they are lazy and unmotivated now. Any loss in profits is entirely thier own fault.

I ordered a large set of parts in early December for a HW-101 restoration, and got them in a couple weeks. No problem.

So I ordered a very small set of parts (a couple of pots and some antenna wire) in late December. I expected a delay; they stated 7-10 days on the website...then I waited, and waited. About 3 weeks in, I sent an email (following the format they ask for on the Contact page) on Jan 21 and Jan 27. Waited the quoted 2 business days for a response. Nothing. Called the phone number multiple times - always busy, never got through.

It's February 3. Called my credit card company to contest this purchase and get back the $31. Gave them plenty of chances, failed every single time.

N2BHA Rating: 0/5 Jan 23, 2009 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Never Again!  Time owned: months
Ordered on 12/27/08. Received instant order confirmation email (obviously automated ;-) Sent status query email over a week ago with no reply. Called numerous times only to experience a busy signal. Finally canceled today. I cannot recommend ordering from here.

Vaughn

W2FBS Rating: 0/5 Jan 21, 2009 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Don't Buy From This Place  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered about $50.00 worth of parts to make up a electron trainer for my grandson on December 13. Now it is late January and after several emails they say that 2 out of about 12 parts are out of stock and that's why they did not ship. Plus, the email I finally got was rude! Never asked me during the previous emails if I wanted a partial shipment. I asked them to cancel the order. Thank goodness I put it on a credit card!
These guys need help!