Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Ocean State Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Ocean State Electronics
Ocean State Electronics Reviews: 59 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Radio Parts, Books, Kits, Tools, etc.
More info: http://www.oselectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Ocean State Electronics.

WB4LFC Rating: 0/5 May 20, 2008 20:31 Send this review to a friend
WB4LFC  Time owned: months
I place an order from them in January for $50 worth of parts and haven't from them since.At least they haven't cashed my check.

K5AF Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2008 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Expected the Worst  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did the foolish thing of ordering some parts before checking the eHam reviews. After sending off an order to Ocean State Electronics, I stumbled across the many bad reviews.

I was quite surprised, then, when my order arrived complete and well-packed in just four days!

I bought some connectors and a cheapo SWR/Wattmeter, and was impressed with the quality of everything. Even the wattmeter was fairly accurate, and a good value for around $20.00.

I'm pleased, YMMV.

W3CUV Rating: 0/5 Feb 13, 2008 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Patiently Waiting and Waiting  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
And I thought I was the only one who hasn't got their parts from this company. Placed an order over nine weeks ago and have been waiting patiently ever since. Sent two emails and have not
received a reply. I don't know why OSE even bothers to maintain a website... they dont seem to be in business any more. Suggest contacting your state's Attorney General's office if they take your money and don't deliver.

KC8SLC Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2008 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just placed an order about 10 days ago; received it in less than a week. I've been ordering from them since 2003/2002 and have always gotten my stuff within a week. I did have a problem last spring with an order; I got an e-mail from them telling me their server { or whatever it was } lost my order; they did not charge anything to my credit card and I lost interest in what I wanted; as stated, my recent order was business as usual. I will continue to order from these guys! Tim

KSAVES2 Rating: 0/5 Jan 10, 2008 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Lousy Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Put an order in, in November. Never heard back
from them. Granted I didn't get charged to my
credit card. Absolutely lousy service. Strongly
suggest one look for another parts source.

WA2AAE Rating: 0/5 Nov 27, 2007 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Unreliable  Time owned: months
I have purchased in previous years from Ocean State Electronics and their service was always less than great. I recently ordered from them in October and received only part of my order. You can not reach them via phone because it is always busy, probably off the hook. They don't seem to answer their emails either. I sent them one last email stating how bad their service is and how they have terrible reviews on this Web site. Never heard from them so I guess they don't care. My suggestion is to avoid them totally.

JE1RYS Rating: 0/5 Nov 17, 2007 18:22 Send this review to a friend
3 orders were not fulfilled  Time owned: months
I feel so frustrated with Ocean State Elec.

I have ordered three times in the last year but never got my goods and can hardly reach them by phone and if they reply by e-mail than always excuses that they " will ship this week" repeatedly and repeatedly.

I'm thinking to write a letter to ARRL that they should not allow Ocean State to advertise in QST.

These people at Ocean should not be allowed to run a business.

I hope that their business will be closed down.

JE1RYS

KB1NIV Rating: 0/5 Oct 22, 2007 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Terrible service - no parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the past I have placed several orders with OSE, most recently about two years ago, and the orders were fulfilled without any problems except a couple of wrong capacitors. No big deal.

In early August I sent in a mail order for $98 worth of parts since I couldn't get their website to accept my order. I waited and waited and finally in early September I emailed OSE and asked where my parts were - they had no problem promptly cashing my check. A few days later I emailed them again but still no response. Next I tried calling them only to get a recording that the number was out of service. So, in mid-September I fired off an email saying that they had two days to get back to me or I would file a complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office (I live in Mass.).

That got a very prompt response. I got a nasty email from someone named Frank who said OSE was refunding my money by certified check sent special delivery. Sure enough, the next day I received the check and promptly cashed it and it did not bounce.

What I waste. What I really wanted was the parts which is why I ordered them. OSE used to be a good firm to do business with - I don't know what went wrong but customer service went down the toilet.

ALBION Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2007 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely no complaint  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
May an SWL be allowed a contribution to the discussion about Ocean State Electronics?
Without wanting to make light of the many distressing experiences related in this forum, it seems only fair to add a bit to the other side of the scales. On Sept. 24 I placed an order with OSE for a 'vintage' variable capacitor, using their online ordering facility, and I promptly received an automated reply by e-mail. Only a fortnight later, on Oct. 8, the item was delivered to me, very neatly packaged and in excellent condition. You can't expect better than that, can you - seeing that I live on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean (and then I still have to subtract the couple of days our Customs Department spent on figuring out whether the variable cap could be some new esoteric weapon).
Personally, I shan't hesitate to trade with OSE again.
Michael L.,
Copenhagen, Denmark.

W6EM Rating: 1/5 Sep 10, 2007 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Slow, at Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ordered some toroids from these guys about 6 months ago. A month later, no response.

Phone calls, well, after hours, rings and rings.
During normal hours, always busy. Hmmmmm. Maybe on purpose.

I tried emailing to the email address given. No response. Then, I thought, try the webmaster or tech support addresses. That worked. Got an answer. They were out of stock and looking for a new source of supply.

I gave them another 4 weeks, then sent an email to all addresses and asked them to cancel.

They won't have my business again. Period.

Lee