Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Comtek Help

Reviews Summary for Comtek
Comtek Reviews: 98 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom Amateur, Marine, Land Mobile Radio Repair
More info: http://www.w7jv.com/

You can write your own review of the Comtek.

K7YB Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2014 19:54 Send this review to a friend
very good service!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kuni got my 756 PROII on Tuesday and had it fixed and on the way on Friday. And, at a reasonable price! Very proficient ICOM tech. Another Icom (that the BOYS in So. Dakota failed to fix properly) will be on its way to Kuni shortly...I TRUST HIS WORK!!

W2YM Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Tech...   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kuni, did a GREAT job on my IC-765. Can't say enough, the guy is honest about everything. GREAT price and tech.. Can't beat him... He know's what he is doing with Icom radio's. Thanks, Kuni,, Mark W2YM 73's.

W5JZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding knowledge of ICOM products  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kuni is absolutely the best! I was orginally recommended to Kuni by the ICOM Washington service center regarding the repair of an out of production radio. Kuni has kept me on the air through three failures of high end radios. (IC 775DSP and IC 1271A) He is a personable guy. He will call you on the phone to discuss the problem at hand. Give you suggestions to further define the problem and most important, keeps you in the loop through the duration of the repair and any anomalies encountered. His repair estimates are complete and reasonable and he sticks to them. If he encounters an undiscovered problem he brings you on board immediately and establishes a repair estimate for your approval. He is a perfectionist and if everything isn't absolutely perfect after working on the radio he is open and honest of the issues. Kuni is the most knowledgeable and honest individual I have ever worked with.

KM4AH Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Good Guy  Time owned: more than 12 months
If not for Kuni I suspect my IC-781 would be in the bottom of a land fill somewhere, patience not being one of my strong points. Thanks for keeping these great rigs going.

N2NEI Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently I had the opportunity to experience the Icom repair service provided by Kuni. A true professional with a no nonsense business ethic.
Kuni repaired my IC 736, with a quick turnaround at a reasonable cost.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2013 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second time using Kuni and it was a repeat of the first. Had a problem with my Icom 746 Pro and its memory dial function and he fixed it without a hassle. Total time from my house to him and back was 9 days and the price was very reasonable. I sure would recommend him to anybody needing repair service. Give him a try if needed.

KI8JI Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2013 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
91 reviews and all 5.0! Why? Because Kuni-san is absolutely excellent! I sent him my Icom-781 with a transmit problem. He fixed the radio, aligned it, replaced a few suspect capacitors and brought the radio back to spec. Reaching him is easy and his charges are most reasonable for what he does. The man is a gentleman and an artist with radio. I'm glad I found him and he will definitely be the man I turn to for service on any and all of my gear.

A class act all the way. This is how all repair services should be.

WH7W Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2013 00:39 Send this review to a friend
Super service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed VCO/PLL capacitors replaced in 12+ year old IC-706MKIIG. I did not have the time or interest. Kuni fixed it up quickly and gave rig a full check out. Incredibly fast repair, excellent communication. If you need Icom worked on, definitely check him out.

WD5ENH Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2013 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Icom IC-290a all mode 2 m radio at a swap fest. The gentleman that I bought the radio from told me that the vfo would only go in one direction. It is hard to find parts for these radios today, but I found the rotary encoder at a ICOM service center in the state of Washington so they sent me the encoder and they also told me about Comtek. So I looked him up on the Internet and then I talk to him by phone and told him what my problem is also I purchased a tone board and wonder if you could put that in also over the phone he basically told me how much it would cost but he said he need to see the radio just to be sure. I sent the radio the rotary encoder and the tone board to him. He e-mailed me back and told me the rotary encoder is fine in the radio it was some IC chips that was bad and also he said that the tone board can be put in also. He did the job very quickly and the cost was fantastic with the job that he did plus he also checked out the radio to make sure it was in good service. Anybody that has ICOM that has the problem I would recommend him very highly, he deftly stays in touch with you and letting you know what's wrong with the radio, you will not be disappointed with this service. Even though I can only rate him as a 5 in the remarks here I will give him a 10!!!!

W7WQ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Icom service at it's best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kuni is the best there is for Icom service. Detailed invoice of all services performed, and your radio will perform like new. None better.