Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Comtek Help

Reviews Summary for Comtek
Comtek Reviews: 98 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom Amateur, Marine, Land Mobile Radio Repair
More info: http://www.w7jv.com/

You can write your own review of the Comtek.

K6SSS Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kuni earns a 5/5 from 87 customers !! That's an
awesome record.
For one reason: He's extremely professional.
Just had him install an Inrad roofing filter
in my 756 Pro 3. Turnaround was just over one week.
Pay with PayPal, FedEx shipping.
When I telephoned, he picked up right away and then called me when he completed the job.
What a great resource.

N3NNL Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Serice!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom R-9000 receiver went belly up. Searched around for a repair facility to fix it. Nobody would touch this radio with a ten foot soldering iron. It's too hard too work on, You can't get parts for it, its too hard to take apart I heard it all. Then I found Kuni's shop on e-ham. I e-mailed him and in thirty minutes he got back to me and said I fix those radios. Two and a half weeks later I'm listening to my radio again. It works as good when it was new. He even beefed up the package and triple boxed the radio. And the most important thing is his rates are very reasonable. I can't say enough about the man, is a real pro and a credit to the hobby.

AD5VJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2013 17:40 Send this review to a friend
The Best of The Best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent in an Icom IC-745 to Kuni. Never dealt with him before. Been an Electronics Engineering Technologist since 1976. Been a Ham since 1964. All I can say is "IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS!!!" Total turn around 2 weeks. I told him to do all the factory upgrades since I had no chance to check for them. He called me told me no upgrades were necessary all had been done already. Then sent the rig back repaired with a detailed invoice of all parts, labor and full explanation of what was done. He did no work until I approved the estimate.

Wow he is a PRO

BOB AD5VJ

KB7YYY Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2012 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Quick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my Alinco DX-70TH in for a several minor issues. Kuni fixed each one or let me know that he didn't find the issue (but still cleaning connections, etc). Turn around including shipping was quick - less than a week. Radio is back and working better than ever.

WM7G Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2012 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great job troubleshooting the keypad problem on my icom-2sat handheld and a quick turn around on the repair.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2012 17:32 Send this review to a friend
First rate!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Icom 746 Pro into Kuni for some work, weak transmission and receiving and a bad external speaker jack, and he had it back to me within 10 days. Works perfectly now. Wonderful guy to deal with and very reasonable price. Will definitely use him again if necessary.

W5AAT Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2012 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Just Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I trade and sometimes sell equipment and the first thing I do (especially if it's something like a 751A or 765)is send it out to Comtek for battery replacement, alignment, lamp replacement, general evaluation and repair if necessary.
Kuni, over the years, has been a class act and has provided courteous and quick service and has always charged me fairly for his efforts.
If it says Icom and it might need service, my first stop is Comtek.

W9CW Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Tremendous Service & a Great Guy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a 30-year old ICOM IC-730 that recently developed a few problems, including an apparent S-meter or AGC problem, and a few other niggling problems. After reading all of the reviews here, I decided to ship it off to Kuni. The trip from IL to WA is a long one, so I did so with some trepidation. Kuni kept me informed all of the way, and also called to confirm the symptoms. He diagnosed the major problem as some bad capacitors in the AGC circuit. After the repair, he fully checked out the transceiver, and made several tweaks where necessary. Now the IC-730 is as good as it was when new. The overall repair was extremely affordable, and the turn around time was exceptional. Kuni is not only an excellent technician, but a very nice, and up-front, guy to boot. An old saying, but very applicable here: Kuni is as honest as the day is long! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for any repairs you may consider.

NP3ST Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2012 11:51 Send this review to a friend
EXELENT SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
CAN SAY A LOT BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT MR KUNI IS A TRUE PROFESSIONAL,ALONG HONESTY,AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP NOCH,NOT LEAVING MENTION THE EXPERTISE ON REPAIR ELECTRONICS.REVIVE MY ICOM HF TO LIKE NEW CONDITION,FOR THE FRACTION THAT ICOM COULD CHARGE ME.HIGHLY RECOMEND COMTEK FOR HAM RADIO REPAIR,I KNOW IT WILL BE MY TECH REPAIR SHOP WHEN IN NEED. THANKS COMTEK .5 OF 5..

KF7OCD Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great icoM 746 repair...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live a 25 min drive and a 20 min ferry ride away from comtek so when I have a radio that needs repair I just take it there and drop it off / pick it up. This time I blew the drivers on my IC-746, I took it there on Monday and he was very nice, he asked me if I had time, I answered yes and he invited me in and diagnosed the problem right then and there, gave me a quote and gave me a time on when it would be ready. I also had him give it an alignment and open it up for MARS (I just became a mars member so might as well have the radio opened up for MARS by a professional while the radio is taken apart anyways). His work and service and great and he is an honest guy, no wonder he has such great reviews. You would be a fool to take your radio anywhere else!

Thanks comtek!