Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Diamond SX-600 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SX-600
Diamond SX-600 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $179.95
Description: Combination SWR/Wattmeter reads PEP, Average Power, SWR and reflected and forward power. Contains two built-in sensors and can be connected to two radios simultaneously. Sensor 1 handles 1.8 to 160 MHz, Sensor 2 handles 140 to 525 MHz. Power handling is in three ranges: 5, 20 and 200 watts. Has lighted dial and LEDs to show which sensor is selected. Lighting requires external 13.8 VDC. Gold plated center conductors.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond

You can write your own review of the Diamond SX-600.

PA7DX Rating: 1/5 Oct 25, 2013 11:59 Send this review to a friend
After using 40 pieces used in my technician group  Time owned: more than 12 months
For my job we bought more than 40 pieces SX-600 for my technicians.
Afther using them for about 2 yaers we all putted them in the trash.
New from the box there is a lot of difference if you check them. Way more than 10% accuracy.
It is a cheap meter but it is sure low quality and untrusted performance

STAYVERTICAL Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2012 03:46 Send this review to a friend
Diamond in more than name  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the usual assortment of SWR meters over the years and finally decided to buy a Diamond SX600N.
This is the most expensive SWR meter I have ever bought, and I was apprehensive that it was more hype than reality.

However, after using it for six months, it has performed flawlessly, and has a very smooth and accurate movement.

Having the dual sensors is also a nice touch and very convenient.
The quality of the finish and connectors is reflective of the price, and I am not disappointed.

If this is indicative of Diamond's products, then this meter will not be my last purchase.

This Diamond is certainly this ham's best friend.

CR7000 Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2012 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Diamond Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dont get these confused with the ones that look the same - The diamond ones are true quality

This reads spot on, exactly as it should

When i bought this from my local ham store he compared it to his professional bench test equipment, we set it up side by side and it read the same, so it should be accurate for me.

An all in one meter for HF to 70cms, not the cheapest, but you do get what you pay for

K9DTH Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2011 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Nice Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a used SX600 at a ham fest. Got home and found that it needed calibration. Sent it to RFParts for repair. Rob in the service dept. did a good job. Now the meter is working as should and RF Parts service was excellent.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2011 19:57 Send this review to a friend
TOP NOTCH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Diamond SX-600 is actuate, well dampened an very easy to read an use, I traded for this meter from a good FRIEND for sure!
KB6HRT

NP3JP Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2010 20:47 Send this review to a friend
Excelent SWR & Wattmeter  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very good meter

K0TW Rating: 4/5 Oct 6, 2009 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Meter lamp failed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great meter that I've used successfully for a couple of years. But the meter lamp apparently burnt out last week and it appears that the lamp is built into the meter and can't be replaced without replacing the entire meter. That's likely the most expensive part in the SX-600, even if I could find a source. Having a weak link such as an incandescent lamp that can't be easily replaced is a poor design, in my opinion.

Update: I've since heard from the manufacturer with the procedure for replacing the lamp, as well as their repair prices. So the lamp can be replaced without replacing the meter.

VK3TCT Rating: 3/5 Apr 25, 2008 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent intstrument, doubtfull service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This has been an excellent instrument, mine failed and circuit information etc. is not available on the web from the Diamond company or elsewhere that I could find, I emailed four companies that supply the equipment for the information and one replied that he could not help. I am an electronic tradesman and quite capable of repairing this type of equipment, I have since replaced the faulty diode and the meter works once again but am not sure what the correct diode specs should have been.

KC0HKM Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2008 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Exceeds expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really did not have high expectations for this item - but when I needed a watt meter that could read forward and reflected power easily across the entire range from 160 meters to the 70 cm bands, this item seemed to fit the bill. The range is covered using two sensors with a rear mounted switch selecting the appropriate range setting and an LED as a reminder. Once installed and power applied, it works as advertised.

For me, absolute accuracy is not of prime importance since the unit is specified at +/- 10% of full range; however, the relative accuracy and changes over time in forward and reflected power are critical to detect impending antenna and feed line issues and for that, this unit can't be beat at the current price point.

LZ2STO Rating: 3/5 Dec 2, 2007 18:57 Send this review to a friend
nothing better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In fact there is nothing better except some PRO equipment - too expensive for the shack. SWR bridges are HQ, but keep in mind the accuracy from the specification +/- 10% at fullscale.
I found some nonlinearity in measurements, so i rate it "3" - OK for the shack.