Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Diamond SX-600 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SX-600
Diamond SX-600 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $179.95
Description: Combination SWR/Wattmeter reads PEP, Average Power, SWR and reflected and forward power. Contains two built-in sensors and can be connected to two radios simultaneously. Sensor 1 handles 1.8 to 160 MHz, Sensor 2 handles 140 to 525 MHz. Power handling is in three ranges: 5, 20 and 200 watts. Has lighted dial and LEDs to show which sensor is selected. Lighting requires external 13.8 VDC. Gold plated center conductors.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond

You can write your own review of the Diamond SX-600.

K4CDK Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2005 17:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for the price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Found it fits all that I needed. Checked it against a Byrd to see how good it really was. No differencce in readings. Best I hae found for the money after lookin for about 3-4 months and comparing all spec. The range it covers is great as it will meet most anyone's needs.

KB0ETC Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2003 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Nothing Better  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There is nothing better in the class for the price range.

I own the SX-600 and the SX-1000.

The meter is very accurate, it is a peice of test equipment - not just a reference point. It is that good.

I agree there "manual", which leaves much to be desired.

Built very well. I have used Diawa, MFJ, and Yaesu meters. The Diamond surpasses them!

Only complaint is the VHF/UHF sensor has UHF connectors instead of Type N. But most amateurs don't use Type N connectors anyways, since there isn't that much more loss.

This is why all my mobile antennas, and base VHF/UHF antennas are Diamond. Build to last.

Remember: "A Diamond is Forever".

VE3EWS Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2003 01:55 Send this review to a friend
A very good meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm really impressed with this unit. When I first got it, I suspected the accuracy of the thing when I got some weird readings when using it to check an antenna installation. So, I checked it against a "known" Bird meter, and found that my SX600s accuracy is bang-on.

The unit is a little on the small side and feels a bit delicate, but it IS a precision instrument. So you won't be tossing it around carelessly.
Right ? ;-)

All-in-all a definite keeper.

KG6JEV Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2002 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Great meter, manual is in Japlish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being new to the hobby, I needed a good meter that would cover HF as well as VHF and UHF. Almost bought a MFJ, but then discovered the one I liked had no calibration knob and was internally calibrated for 10w and 100w. Finally found and purchased the SX-600. The meter is well constructed and seems very accurate. I have used it to check the VSWR and confirm power output on my Kenwood TM-D700A and Yaesu FT-767GX (2m and 70cm modules installed).
The manual is a different story. For such a great meter, the technical writing found in the manual makes you wonder. Many Japanese products have decent documentation, but the manual for the SX-600 is a little hard to understand at times. Diamond would do well to hire a technical writer, who speaks English as a first language, to rewrite the manual.
I was tempted to give a '4' rating, but the meter quality is so good, that I'll give it a '5'.