Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | RF Concepts RFC 2-315 Help

Reviews Summary for RF Concepts RFC 2-315
RF Concepts  RFC  2-315 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 143-149 2 meter amplifier 40w IN 170w OUT

You can write your own review of the RF Concepts RFC 2-315.

K6KCC Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 16:31 Send this review to a friend
What a jewel of an amp!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked my RFC 2-317 up off of eBay for $200, which I thought was a high at the time. WOW! I am impressed with this jewel of an amp. I can use my HT with it and for 3 watts in I get between 60 and 70 watts out, and for 7.5 watts in from my ICOM 706 original I get an even 100 watts. Again mine is the RFC 2-317 which will take up to 30 watts input, but I don't have anything that will drive 30 watts out so I can't test my amp for it's full potential. The preamp works like a charm too! If I can find another on of these I will buy it!

KC2HWB Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2010 16:20 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this amp at a hamfest 2 years ago. Still works great behind a yaesu ft-847. 50 watts in, 150 out into a diamond antenna. Thew preamp is wonderful. I can pull in weak signals that no one, and I mean NO ONE else can hear. If you see one of these for sale, do not let it get away!

N3OQD Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2008 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Exellent amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
This amp is very well built. Too bad that these are no longer being manufactured. If it is a choice between a new mirage of the same wattage or a used RFC, it's a no brainer. My used set at $150 at a local hamfest 2 years ago has never let me down!!

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2006 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Wonderfull gear!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This amp performs flawlessly. I have three of the RF Concepts amplifiers. They put the TE systems amps to shame.

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2006 08:43 Send this review to a friend
A wonderfull amp.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This amp works well, has a great pre-amp and is a pleasure to use.

AF4O Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2004 09:17 Send this review to a friend
I agree with the previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also am using this with a FT-847. It's a hoss. I run a 220v muffin fan on it at an angle with 110v input. The 220v fan on 110v runs almost silent and is plenty to keep this fine amp cool even under the 50/50 duty cycle of WSJT. I could blow it up today and would still rate it a 5. Its 10 years old +. A shame they no longer make it.

F4CKV Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2002 08:14 Send this review to a friend
buy one if you can.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hello, I'm using the RF Concepts RFC 2-315, behind a FT847, I'enjoyed very much this configuration. Buy one if you can.73 from F4CKV

KE4ARM Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2002 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Amp!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I run mine behind a kenwood TS-711a all mode and it really adds what all mode rigs are missing. I run about 20 to 25 watts into it and about 140 to 150 watts out, which really helps the weak signal SSB and satellite work!!! It's also great for repeaters since I live in an RF Black Hole, but with this amp and a superb preamp in it, I can hit nearly every repeater in the area and hear everyone with an S9 or better. The huge heat sinks keep it reasonably cool and operating smoothly even after long periods of use. This thing is well worth the money!

KF4DHE Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2001 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Awsome amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just picked this one up used in excellent condition and this little amp is awsome. Rated at 30w in 150w out or 40w in 170w out. I'm running mine on an Astron 35 amp power supply and with 5 watts in I'm getting 65 watts out,10 watts in 120 watts out and 50 watts in 200 watts out!! This is used with a Comet GP-3 up at 100' with Belden 9913 with a 1:1 swr. Runs a little warm at 200 watts but nothing to worry about. I run it at the 120 watt level most of the time and it never gets hot. Pre-amp seems to work well on the more distant stuff. VERY nice amplifier and well built.