Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA
Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: Computer control interface for Yaesu DXA rotators
More info: http://www.idiompress.com

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA.

AA6A Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2009 16:49 Send this review to a friend
4 Years; still flawless!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a follow-up to my September 15, 2005 post.

The Idiom Press board in my Yaesu G-800DXA has been flawless!

The board is controlled by the rotator control capabilities of Ham Radio Deluxe. Regardless if using HRD Version 4 or HRD Suite Version 5, the solution is seamless and precise.

I highly recommend the Idiom Press board! It has proven to be a very worthwhile and reasonably priced alternative to the Yaesu OEM card.

Very 73,

Rob - AA6A
(Prev. AK9G, prev. K6RSG)

NF4L Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2009 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Hi quality, low price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got my third Idiom Press card in today, the first one for Yaesu DXA series. The others are Hy-Gain. What a joy this one is! Installed and calibrated in just a bit under 30 minutes.

Mike NF4L

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2009 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Great product and a good buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this card for a new antenna install with new rotor. But I guess my logging program had something to do with it also Logic8.

It was a snap to install and callibrate with very good instructions it would be hard to go wrong with this interface. I priced the Yaesu model first, that was well beyond my means for a controller. I'm glad I came across this fine unit.

Fred
N0AZZ

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Work's Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had mine for a few months now..Controls a DXA-1000 thru TRX Manager/Logic 8..Work's flawlessly..I can double-click on a spot in the Web Cluster in TRX Mgr (set's my 746 Pro's freq. & DXCC Window's call window in TRX Mgr)..and then click the arrow in the DXCC window (TRX Mgr)..long or short path..& off the rotator goes! Using it thru a USB port...

73'..Tom N3ZC

K8TOM Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The excellence of this product's function is exceeded only the excellence of it's support. When I encountered a problem getting the card to work correctly, Rob stepped me through a diagnosis, explained things thoroughly via emails, re-checked the card after I returned it to him, and even sent me a piece of his diagnostic equipment to check my COM port. After that last step, the problem was identified and the card now works like a champ. These folks deserve your support if you're in the market for a DXA control. A bargain with unbeatable customer support-what's not to like?

N2TU Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2009 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Another Super Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easily installed, bug free, great Customer Support. The ordering to delivery process was about a week and Rob let me know when it was shipped.

This is my fourth Rotor EZ installation and the easiest of the bunch. (others were the HyGain type).

The Printed Wire Board was A grade, the connection cables were top of the line and the calibration was simple.

The instructions were spot on...if you buy a Yaesu rotor, use this controller. It is the great.

W1RT Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Works!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This thing just works. Won't repeat all the other reviews as they're all accurate. I use it with a G800DXA turning the rear crankup mast in my microwave rover station. Only criticism is I wish they offered a kit so I could save a few bucks .. just found another G800DXA for the front mast of the rover so I'll have to buy another RotorCard ;)

AE6JN Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2006 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very affordable solution for serial control of the Yaesu DXA rotor. Took only minutes to install and works with all the software I have: DX Lab, Ham Radio Deluxe, MixW, and others. Calibration was simple. I highly recommend this product!

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2006 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Idiompress: They Do Rotor Controllers Right  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
First of all I have to say, after purchasing a Yaesu G-2800DXA rotor I wanted a computer controled rotor. Looking at Yaesu's controler I almost fell out of my chair at the sticker shock. A fellow amateur operator, KG5I, told me about the Idiom Press DXA controller and that I should check it out. The rest is history. After reading the ratings here at eHam.net I decided to purchase one. Here is what I found.

Findings:

1. The Idiom Press controller installed in a matter of five minutes. The calibration procedure to about 5-10 minutes.

2. Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) software is what I use to control the rotor. HRD / Idiom Press utilizes the functions that are on the front of the G-2800DXA, slow down before comming to a stop to keep from snapping the beam to a sudden stop, preset with HRD and the Mapper are a huge plus.

3.Open the mapper and after you've entered your grid location, just click on the DX spot you want to work and the beam swings to that heading.

Pro: Ease of install and calibration. Accuracy in heading. Utilizes the same function that your Yaesu rotor controller box uses. Works flawlessly with HRD... and did if forget to mention HRD is AWESOME and it's FREE for the download.

Con: It would be nice if the controller had a USB connecton, considering that is a faster and easier way to connect with a Windows PC. It only comes with a serial cable. Not enought to ding it though. It still rates a perfect score.

K7ZV Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2006 15:16 Send this review to a friend
RS-232 MADE EASY!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While setting up my station to operate remote I discovered my Yaesu G-2800DXA was not RS-232 compatible. So I checked on the Yaesu website and found that they indeed have a unit to interface the rotator. That was great till I saw the price and I immediately went into sticker shock!

This prompted me to check for an alternate solution. What I found and acquired was the RotorCard DXA for the Yaesu DXA series rotors from Bob - W9KNI of Idiom Press (http://www.idiompress.com). I knew they built the Rotor-EZ adaptation and serial interface for the Hy-Gain rotors, but I was not aware they also built serial interfaces for the Yaesu SDX and DXA series rotors as well, and at a fraction of the price of the Yaesu interface.

The installation took less time to install than it did to read the instructions and this included the calibration! I really liked the fact that everything was housed within the rotor control box making for a very clean appearance.

The device makes it very easy to operate the rotor from the remote laptop. I used one of the three referenced free programs (http//www.telepostinc.com/lp-rotor-html). This super program gives you a real-time graphic view of the rotor moving so you always know where you are pointing.

Thanks Idiom Press for a super product at reasonable price.