Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Todd Engineering 75 Amp Help

Reviews Summary for Todd Engineering 75 Amp
Todd Engineering 75 Amp Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $455.10
Description: Todd Engineering 75 amp Continuous power supply.

You can write your own review of the Todd Engineering 75 Amp.

N5ZC Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2003 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Nice Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using this supply to power my Kachina KC500DC solid state amplifer. This amp is a Ten Tec Herc II built for Kachina with a few modifications.

It came with the amp so I decided to give it a try before purchasing golf cart batteries, a Ten Tec supply or Aston supplies.

Since this supply is a switcher I expected hash/birdies in the receiver. To my surprise ther were none.

I'm delivering 500 watts out with the amp on 20 through 160 and lower output on 10m (300 watts) and 15m (400 watts). I would imagine I would get better output on 10 and 15 if I had 13.8v v.s. 12v. But I would have the same problem if I used batteries. I seriously doubt anyone can tell the difference between 400 watts out and 500 watts out anyways.

So far I'm very pleased with the supply. I believe Todd Engineering is out of business.

W7MGC Rating: 4/5 Jan 1, 2002 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Work Horse Power Supply  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Using the Todd Engineering 75 amp supply to power a Ten Tec Hercules II solid state amp. This supply is a switching type, very rugged, two stage fan cooled, (quiet). Powers the Herc II, no problem. Worked lots of DX on cw and ssb, the power supply never gets warm, although the amp draws up to 80 amps. Supply rated 75 amps continuous.