Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Micro Computer Concepts MC-1000 Help

Reviews Summary for Micro Computer Concepts MC-1000
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199
Description: Repeater controllers with many functions including remote base/link port, autopatch with memory dial, programmable courtesy tone and commands and much more.
More info: http://mcc.stormfan.com

You can write your own review of the Micro Computer Concepts MC-1000.

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2006 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Easy, simple, and does what I need it to!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I aquired this controller used from N4DBM (formely KC4FWC ~ see his notes below. These are what he uses on almost all of his repeaters). I love it. I have many options for courtesy tones, so I can switch to a different one daily. It features a linking port. You have full control of it from a simple DTMF pad. It's great and not pricey. I also bought the VID-1 Voice recorder board for the repeater for $59.95 - it doesn't have the cleanest audio that I thought it would, however it does the job, and I feel it was worth the $60. All in all, I'm glad I went with this controller versus another pricer controller. A++ Currently it's in operation on my 145.37 repeater, and I have no thought of upgrading from it.

K5SL Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2002 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Great controller/service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I originally purchased this controller 10 years ago as a way to dial a "7" on the hospital pbx where the repeater was located. This controller has it as a programmable feature-others didn't. Programming and setup was a snap,and it worked flawlessly for years till a lightning hit. Our club in Shreveport, La has since installed them on 4 other repeaters. All work great, I even built the voice module and it works well. The circuit is simple, easy to work on. It does alot and is easy to get into and change info. Since our purchases, 3 other local ham clubs around Shreveport have put them in...Ron Wright(builder) is always a phone call away. He fixed one for us in hours, and was very, very reasonable..
What more can I say=great value for the money..

KC4FWC Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2002 23:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value and reliability  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have seven of these in service. To be honest, they are nothing fancy, no speech synthesizer, scheduler, or whatever. But there is an optional voice recorder for this controller. The autopatch is built on and works very well. This is a plain and simple controller, easy to learn and use. Simple to set up audio levels, excellent documentation on this little board. Very small, fits nicely on the under side of a GE Mastr Exec II for a neat looking repeater package. I highly recommend this board if a simple little controller is needed for a repeater project.